NAVTEQ maps issues

Express

Reaction score
City, State
FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
Limited 2013 302a
Ford uses NAVTEQ maps in Explorers.
I called to ask some questions of NAVTEQ on some icons on maps that Ford could not answere. I was getting a diamond shape with numbers, after speaking to 5 people I got some type of engneer. He stated that these were toll stations but then started asking me to do several things with mapping. We found out all icons were duplicated on top of each other, poi were also duplicated on top of each other ,when select a poi as rest area (I am close to turnpike) we found in split screen a blank bar showes for rest area poi no title displayed ! I asked are these common issues he stated yes and asked do I lose saved poi I said yes. He was pleased with this brief test being I live in florida. He also stated they would address these issues in the next upgrade he had no time frame to say when.
So to all with NAVTEQ they are aware of issues with maps,icons and poi . Some function issues all to be fixed . Well ??????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there a question in here somewhere?

No more of just a FYI because some don't know about these issues

Yes, many, maybe most of the 'gps' mfg use navteq for their base maps,
garmin, audi, to name a couple...

Very little problems with the gps in my 2011 limited.
NAVTEQ soooo much better then the company Ford had originally.

Back