City, State
Acworth, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited AWD
Www.syncmyride.com
Put it on a flash drive and updat.

Share your stories here.

From syncmyride.com

The latest SYNC® update includes all of the improvements from previous updates, plus additional benefits, such as:
Information display on the homescreen for HD, Sirius (if equipped), and FM radio sources
Simplified graphics and improved usability
Enhanced voice destination entry for SD Card Navigation (if equipped)
Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)
Rear view camera guidelines set to ON by default (if equipped)
Updated SYNC/device compatibility information
The installation of this update will take up to 30 minutes to complete. Be sure to keep your engine running, not in accessory mode, throughout the entire installation process. Turning off your vehicle during the update installation will disrupt the process. Although your vehicle must be in park when you begin the installation process, you may drive your vehicle while the update is downloading to your SYNC system. If your vehicle is equipped with the Intelligent Access with Push Button Start feature, you will need to temporarily disable the Automatic Engine Idle Shutdown (AEIS) component before beginning the installation in order to prevent your vehicle from timing out and shutting off the engine before the software update is complete. To disable this feature, use your steering wheel controls to navigate to the Settings menu on your left-hand Instrument Cluster LCD display. From there, select Vehicle >Auto Engine Off >Off. (If you do not see this setting, there is no need to make any changes before starting the update.) Alternatively, after initiating the installation, you may drive the vehicle during the update process to avoid the engine shutting off. The AEIS will automatically reset to "On" the next time you start your vehicle.
Please note: During the update installation, SYNC will temporarily appear to not recognize your mobile phone or media device. This is normal.
When your system has been successfully updated, SYNC will display a notification saying, "Installation complete."

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This what I received.

Service Unavailable - DNS failure
The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.
Reference #11.f72bf648.1375645756.1497f8ed

Peter

Took a while to download. Updating now. I will report back when done.

Is this update a dealer install ? I have a 2011 and have never been able to access my car information. Should be under extended warranty?

All done. Took right at 30min.
Nothing big to report. Easy install.
Maybe a little snappier

I'm not seeing anything new on www.syncmyride.com / the fordsupport.com site in terms of a new "merged site". When I click on Login/Register it asks me if I am a Ford owner or a Lincoln owner, it has been doing that since late June / early July when I registered.

I am downloading the 3.6.2 update as well! :)

I have a question, I will be picking up my explorer in the next few weeks, is their anyway to check what version you have installed from the sync screen under setting?

15 minute download and a 30 minute install. All done.

I'm not seeing anything new on www.syncmyride.com / the fordsupport.com site in terms of a new "merged site". When I click on Login/Register it asks me if I am a Ford owner or a Lincoln owner, it has been doing that since late June / early July when I registered.

I am downloading the 3.6.2 update as well! :)
At one time syncmyride did not default to support.ford.com. All updates were downloaded from www.syncmyride.com. I believe that there was a post by IVT rep that mentioned the change.
In any case, for now it keeps telling me that I have the latest version (3.5.1) and there is nothing to download.

Peter

As I posted in the 'Discussion' forum, I tried both. Actually syncmyride now automatically takes you to the merged website. When I did manage to log in, it said my SYNC software (3.5.1) was up to date.

Your SYNC is up-to-date!
Now, you’re running the fastest, simplest and best version of SYNC.

Peter

@Peter, They know who you are - want you to sweat some more..LOL:D:D

Anyway I had a successful install. Nothing to report, same ol', same ol'. You'd think they would give us something new to play with to make up for all the heartache.

Took about 30-40 minutes to download. Took the full 30 minutes to install and rebooted the system 5 times.

Some things I noticed now that I didn't before (doesn't mean they weren't there)

1. Right LED now shows time and outdoor temperature. I'm pretty sure this is new only because I watched the display change and add it to the bottom.

2. Compass direction shows up in the Navigation top section when the compass is not displayed onscreen.

3. Driver and passenger temp now show on Climate bar when in a different full screen mode.

4. My iPhone was still showing the same "maybe I'll connect / maybe I won't" Bluetooth function.

5. The WiFi password keyboard bug has been fixed so you can now enter an alpha-numeric password successfully.

6. The screens do seem to function a bit faster. Not sure if this is due to the restarts or the update.

Took about 30-40 minutes to download. Took the full 30 minutes to install and rebooted the system 5 times.

Some things I noticed now that I didn't before (doesn't mean they weren't there)

1. Right LED now shows time and outdoor temperature. I'm pretty sure this is new only because I watched the display change and add it to the bottom.

2. Compass direction shows up in the Navigation top section when the compass is not displayed onscreen.

3. Driver and passenger temp now show on Climate bar when in a different full screen mode.

4. My iPhone was still showing the same "maybe I'll connect / maybe I won't" Bluetooth function.

5. The WiFi password keyboard bug has been fixed so you can now enter an alpha-numeric password successfully.

6. The screens do seem to function a bit faster. Not sure if this is due to the restarts or the update.
The temperature and time were always displayed at the bottom of the right hand screen. I'll have to wait and see about #2 and #3 when I get the chance to do the download to see if that changed.
BTW, they are not referred to as LED screens. LED stand for Light Emitting Diode. They are simply the right and left message centre display screens.

Peter

The temperature and time were always displayed at the bottom of the right hand screen. I'll have to wait and see about #2 and #3 when I get the chance to do the download to see if that changed.
BTW, they are not referred to as LED screens. LED stand for Light Emitting Diode. They are simply the right and left message centre display screens.

Peter

They might be LED screens. Do you know what they use as a light source?
They could use LED's, just like my 55" LED TV.
They could also be LCD, but I don't know so I'm not going to correct anyone on not knowing the difference.

Auto update will not start. I tried doing a master reset. Still will not update. Any ideas?

Edit - Resolution: I figured out the MFT does not like my 4GB USB stick. I moved the update files to a 1GB stick and the auto updated started immediately.

The outside temp displaying is now an option in the settings menu.

They removed the option for the rear camera to not have the lines curve when backing up while turning. I don't care for the curved lines and find them annoying.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They removed the option for the rear camera to not have the lines curve when backing up while turning. I don't care for the curved lines and find them annoying.

I also noticed I have a magnifying glass on my rear camera. Clicking it zooms in on the tow hitch.

Considering my background with electronics, I'm pretty sure I'm qualified to call them LED screens. You, in fact, may not call them that, but that doesn't mean that's not what they are.

Back