MFT v3.6.2 is now available | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Has anyone tried the I'm hot or I'm cold command yet? I wonder if they actually added it in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also noticed I have a magnifying glass on my rear camera. Clicking it zooms in on the tow hitch.
There was always a 'zoom' button. Are you saying that they have changed the name of it.

I wish the update was there for me to download so I can actually see what everyone is referring to. I'll check the site again tomorrow.

Peter

As mentioned, the options screen around backup camera changed a little bit.
The temp shows up for both driver and passenger in bottom right (even if not in dual mode)
I hadn't noticed this before, but might not be different but when you pull up climate screen, in the bottom right next to "rear" button, it'll tell you if the Rear climate is on without clicking on it.
When you connect phone for the first time, it'll ask about 911 assist and about phonebook download on one screen that I'm pretty sure I haven't seen before.

The outside temp displaying is now an option in the settings menu.

They removed the option for the rear camera to not have the lines curve when backing up while turning. I don't care for the curved lines and find them annoying.
The curved lines were part of the Park Assist system. I don't know why they would remove them I found them very useful even for manual parking.

Peter

There was always a 'zoom' button. Are you saying that they have changed the name of it.

I wish the update was there for me to download so I can actually see what everyone is referring to. I'll check the site again tomorrow.

Peter

Hmmm... If the magnifying glass was always there, it wasn't turned on by default on my 2014 Limited. I don't remember seeing any options for the zoom in the setting either before the update.

When you connect phone for the first time, it'll ask about 911 assist and about phonebook download on one screen that I'm pretty sure I haven't seen before.

This one is very helpful. When connecting my phones for the first time it seemed like it just kept asking question after question. Now it asks all the questions on one screen.

Just got the update installed in my '13 Limited.

Sorry for the not so great pictures, as I took them at midnight with my iPad.

A couple of surprises right off.
On the home screen, the artist and title show up, instead of the station name
MFT-1.jpg

And the backup camera now has "zones" with colors for danger.
MFT-2.jpg

MFT-3.jpg

MFT-4.jpg

The screen transitions are much faster this time around. Finally some efficient programming! I notice faster responses for every button. No more laggy delay. Maybe this is because the car was really warm due to the long idle and no phone was Synced to it after the update. I'll have to test it out tomorrow with a phone paired and my iPod connected for how responsive it'll be.

I installed on both my Explorer and Fusion with one download of the Gen 3.6.2. Pretty easy. Took me like 10 - 20 minutes each update. Navigation seems to be more responsive. However, my Sirius Travel Link for fuel information and stuff has not been working lately and the update did not fix that for my Fusion.

No I'm hot or I'm cold command though. I was pretty disappointed. However, I discovered hotter or colder worked after saying climate. I'm going to see if it'll work without saying climate.

All in all, I see nothing new except slight changes but at least the screens transition a LOT smoother. So far at least. Props to Ford and the IVT team.

I dont see much of a change in the User Interface.

Im hoping the changes are in the operating system.

Lets hope we have better Bluetooth connectivity with iOS7 devices.

Was there ever any release notes posted?

My Travel Link isnt working either, fuel prices has been spinning for months.

The curved lines were part of the Park Assist system. I don't know why they would remove them I found them very useful even for manual parking.

Peter

They didn't remove them, just the option to remove them is gone. Before the options were "active + fixed" or "fixed". Now there is an Enhanced Park Aids option with only on and off which does nothing to the curved lines.

The curved lines also appear on vehicles with BLIS, not just Active Park Assist.

They didn't remove them, just the option to remove them is gone. Before the options were "active + fixed" or "fixed". Now there is an Enhanced Park Aids option with only on and off which does nothing to the curved lines.

The curved lines also appear on vehicles with BLIS, not just Active Park Assist.

Can someone snap a picture of the curved lines? my 2013 with BLIS but not active park assist has always only shown straight lines. I just want to see what I'm looking for and maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Thanks for the info Riley. I guess I misread your post. It was after all past my bedtime. I read that the default for the lines is now 'ON'.
I tried again this morning to get the new update but I'm still being told that my 3.5.1 is the latest and greatest available.

Peter

My Travel Link isnt working either, fuel prices has been spinning for months.

Same here. I took it to the dealer today just for that recent. My fusion that is.

My snyc my ride password doesn't work now.

Are you using the correct username, AZwoodman? If you'd like, I can check to see what's going on. Send me your VIN and username in a private message.

Is this update a dealer install ? I have a 2011 and have never been able to access my car information. Should be under extended warranty?

Yes, snowbird, your dealership can perform the update for you. :)

At one time syncmyride did not default to support.ford.com. All updates were downloaded from www.syncmyride.com. I believe that there was a post by IVT rep that mentioned the change.
In any case, for now it keeps telling me that I have the latest version (3.5.1) and there is nothing to download.

Peter

I responded to your PM, Peter. I'll let you know what I find out.

Rebecca

Since installing 3.6 the navigation by voice commands is quicker and the cursor on the screen is dead accurate. I love it!

Improved Navigation vehicle positioning (if equipped)

I'll be interested to see if this fixes my NAV. My build date was later than 1-31-13 from that TSB that came out. And my vehicle never tracks correctly on maps, if I didn't have a windshield to look out of, I'd swear I am always driving in corn fields and lakes!

Can someone snap a picture of the curved lines? my 2013 with BLIS but not active park assist has always only shown straight lines. I just want to see what I'm looking for and maybe I'm misunderstanding something.
Sigh, another trip to the garage.:D
Here ya go. Keep in mind this is with V3.5.1

Peter

Attachments

• P8050104_1.JPG
    P8050104_1.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 1,031

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know if it is just a coincidence, but my backup camera no longer works following the update. Just goes to a black screen with the message "Backup camera not working. Please contact your dealer."

Back