• Register Today It's free!

Fitting new radiator

Big Bertha

Reaction score
City, State
Edinburgh,Scotland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 xlt& 1999 model
I'm just about to fit radiator which the fan shroud is connected to basically main radiator.do u guys have any tips and or advice.do I need to bleed anything etc?
Your help would be brill
Pete

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i would pull out the bottom rad hose to release the water, and resserve line to the bottle and take the rad cap off to releave the vacum, take the intake pipe off the throttle body and maf so there is clearence, fan shroud is easy to remove, undo the top 2 10mm nuts, lift and push the fan shroud towards the engine to give you clearence as the fan blades wont let you remove it, the undo the nuts on the rad and pull it up

Radiator in

The new radiator is in .there was some oil like lubricant.where is this from and where would I fill bck up to restore level needed.?if you guys could help it would be brill

hi
the cooling rad also acts as cooler for auto box .so you need to check auto box fluid level.
cheers chris

Thanks chris

I checked trans fluid and seems to be plenty .and in great condition.explorer seems to be running brilliant.thanks peter

Back