Pulling the trigger on the Superlift | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pulling the trigger on the Superlift

I don't blame you for that. I had to wait a few months until I was able to get the right drive shaft. I pulled it from a ranger and had it lengthened on the other side of the state by my cousins house. I was just about to order the superlift shaft myself for the same reasons when I called him.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you order this kit yet? You gotta step up so I have another wheeling buddy for Rausch

Dude, can't believe you popped in! Haha. It's been too long. I haven't gotten it done yet - work and personal life has been NUTS this summer. But I'm close to ordering.

Does anyone know what the part number is for the Superlift driveshaft I would need?

lol yeah man i poke in every once in a while.... secretly hoping to see my old ex come back to life (but i have a feeling its in a parts yard or rotting in a barn somewhere).

I hear ya about life getting in the way; my summer's been a complete blur.

Keep dreaming of this lift. After reading Obie's build, looks like these kits are not easy to get anymore.

Superlift driveshaft is part number 9636. The shaft is made by Neapco, so if you have any technical questions they can help you better than the Superlift technical support can (I called a while ago and was asking about this for my AWD Ex).

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/slf-9636?seid=srese1&gclid=CJfv3qqn6bgCFS1p7Aod1B0AKA

slf-9636_w.jpg

lol yeah man i poke in every once in a while.... secretly hoping to see my old ex come back to life (but i have a feeling its in a parts yard or rotting in a barn somewhere).

I hear ya about life getting in the way; my summer's been a complete blur.

I wish it would show up on here. I don't think I can ever get rid of mine for that reason, I'd be thinking about it rotting away all the time. :(

I hope all is well though Matt, if you ever wanna swing out to Philly and grab a beer, shoot me a note. Or if you're down for a Superlift wrenchfest. ;)

Keep dreaming of this lift. After reading Obie's build, looks like these kits are not easy to get anymore.

I'm really hoping to get the parts and get this on tap for October. The hard part is honestly going to be finding a shop/garage and manpower to help, because I can't do this alone in my apartment complex parking lot.

Superlift driveshaft is part number 9636. The shaft is made by Neapco, so if you have any technical questions they can help you better than the Superlift technical support can (I called a while ago and was asking about this for my AWD Ex).

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/slf-9636?seid=srese1&gclid=CJfv3qqn6bgCFS1p7Aod1B0AKA

Thanks again Obie, you're the man. :salute:

Would love to get out for a beer but its hard for me to get away.... I have 3 kids now (all currently under that age of 4) and trying to finish my masters degree (night classes after work).

BUT if you're ever up for heading out to Jackson, I always have beer in the fridge. And since I no longer make a living as a mechanic I have all my tools home; I could probably help you put that lift on. I know someone else who'd probably be up for helping too. He's actually a forum member but I cant remember his username... maybe snowranger?

Would love to get out for a beer but its hard for me to get away.... I have 3 kids now (all currently under that age of 4) and trying to finish my masters degree (night classes after work).

BUT if you're ever up for heading out to Jackson, I always have beer in the fridge. And since I no longer make a living as a mechanic I have all my tools home; I could probably help you put that lift on. I know someone else who'd probably be up for helping too. He's actually a forum member but I cant remember his username... maybe snowranger?

Nice man, budding family. Good stuff! I could make Jackson happen. My parents are still in Freehold and I was actually over at 6 Flags with my girlfriend 2 weekends ago.

Was the other guy's name Micah? I think I remember him.

Ah i was close, it was snoranger (kevin). He lives around the corner and his daughter is about the same age as my son. You'd think we'd see each other a bit more but I think this dude is almost as busy as i am :confused:

Had to find his cummins thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321521

Yeah man you definitely need to swing by the next time you're in the area! I might try to get to Rausch at the end of the month to take my son wheeling for his first time (so i'll be taking it easy) if you're interested. If not August, definitely September when the weather's nice.

Keep me posted, but I'll be honest, I've pretty much stopped wheeling because I"m tired of breaking stuff and rotting parts out with mud. The only time I've gone out in the past 2 years was to rescue 2 stuck Jeeps :p. Other than that, I'm trying to keep the rig clean.

But I'll give ya a shout when I'm local!

Roger that man, I don't screw around in the mud anymore either. I don't go in the pines anymore and when I go to Rausch I keep it on the trails, stay out of the mud pits.

Roger that man, I don't screw around in the mud anymore either. I don't go in the pines anymore and when I go to Rausch I keep it on the trails, stay out of the mud pits.

Keep me posted, but I'll be honest, I've pretty much stopped wheeling because I"m tired of breaking stuff and rotting parts out with mud. The only time I've gone out in the past 2 years was to rescue 2 stuck Jeeps :p. Other than that, I'm trying to keep the rig clean.

But I'll give ya a shout when I'm local!
What's the point of building a rig if you are never going to use it for the intended purpose???
I am a pure bread Redneck and I love my truck and that's all I really know but to me it's like buy a high power sniper rifle and never using it ....

Thanks for the info Karpiel, I certainly missed it. Price and the fact Superlift says a 95 cannot be aligned correctly has kept me from ordering.

Thanks for the info Karpiel, I certainly missed it. Price and the fact Superlift says a 95 cannot be aligned correctly has kept me from ordering.

This country wasn't built by people saying we "can't" do that. Lol I'm sure there's some shop out there that can do it.

What's the point of building a rig if you are never going to use it for the intended purpose???
I am a pure bread Redneck and I love my truck and that's all I really know but to me it's like buy a high power sniper rifle and never using it ....

There are more "intended" purposes than just mud. Snow, beach, trails... and "because thats what i want ;)"

There are more "intended" purposes than just mud. Snow, beach, trails... and "because thats what i want ;)"

I was going to have a similar reply. But I've learned to not feed the trolls :thumbsup:

I see your point, but I've wheeled my truck for years - it's never been a pavement queen. I've been to Rausch multiple times, the NJ Pine Barrens multiple times, and various other trails. Go through my registry and you'll see. I've done my fair share of trail riding, but there comes a point where rotting parts out, breaking expensive parts on the trail, and working on the truck and having mud, silt, and sand fall in your eyes and mouth with every twist of the wrench become more trouble than the fun is worth.

Not to mention I love this truck to death and I intend to keep it a VERY long time, and caked mud speeds along the rotting out of the undercarriage, so it's time to dial that back.

Oh, and having a lifted 4x4 rig still has it's benefits "on road" - like when I was one of the only firefighters to make it to the station during a flash flood because I was one of the few who was able to drive through the high water.

This, too. If we get some good snow this winter, I want another Pine Barrens snow run. Tons of fun, and the mess all melts off. :D

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389784

In case you missed this thread and haven't bought the lift yet!

Thanks dude! Great find. Saved me some $$$.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..... and working on the truck and having mud, silt, and sand fall in your eyes and mouth with every twist of the wrench become more trouble than the fun is worth.

You're making me reconsider my offer to help install your new lift :scratch:

Back