Finally!!! My 2013 Ford Explorer "BLACK EDITION"!!! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally!!! My 2013 Ford Explorer "BLACK EDITION"!!!

looking at the aac website (automotivelightstore.com) they have a "kit" already in place for our Ex's; so the headlight halo kit and fog light halo's for $288 before shipping. No having to take apart the headlight housing. Am I reading this site correctly? seems easy.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's a nice cusomization job. You really thought it out well. Great looking truck. Enjoy every second of it!

looking at the aac website (automotivelightstore.com) they have a "kit" already in place for our Ex's; so the headlight halo kit and fog light halo's for $288 before shipping. No having to take apart the headlight housing. Am I reading this site correctly? seems easy.

List 2012+ so why not 2011+ ? Are the headlight housings on the '11 that much different than the '12 - '14 ones?

How did you make the template for the center of the hood? I taped mine off and sprayed it with plastidip but it looks pretty amateur.

Even with that many mods it still looks clean.......very well done.

Thanks so much brotha!!!

I actually just bought some high heat paint last weekend to do the wife's Black ExSport JUST to cover the rear view :)

bothered me the first time I saw it !

getting her's detailed this Friday in prep for summer and will paint the pipes right after that...

Looks cool bro!!! I jus dont like to see that chrome pipe underneath lol

Love the look of your truck! I hadn't originally wanted running boards but I LOVE the look of yours. I figured out they're the DeeZee NXC, but which version? They look like they have a machined finish that matches your wheels, but the only one I can find online is either black or chrome?
If they are chrome, how is the "sheen" match?
How do you think it would look against the 2013 Sport wheels?

Thanks in advance!

Yes it was the DeeZee NXC chrome and black one i bought...Sports wheels will look awesome they are bigger mine i have i just put 20's on it..

love your explorer ,how much s the lettering emblem are they chrome or black

Hey Jayhomies message me i still have them here...

Looks amazing, what's the brand of the nerf bars an what did u use to black out the chrome over the license plate thanks mike

Thanks mike...i just have them painted flat black...i tried plasti dip first to see how it looks like...then after couple weeks i have them painted..

That's a nice cusomization job. You really thought it out well. Great looking truck. Enjoy every second of it!

I thought it was the Sport. Those Halos look really nice!

Thank you guys!!!

How did you make the template for the center of the hood? I taped mine off and sprayed it with plastidip but it looks pretty amateur.

I didnt paint the center hood..i used carbon fiber sticker and have it installed on the center...then i put a border on it to make it pop out...:D

Here is she today..still loving it...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSC_6982.jpg
    DSC_6982.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 413
  • DSC_6985.jpg
    DSC_6985.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 433
  • DSC_7017.jpg
    DSC_7017.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 412

I didnt paint the center hood..i used carbon fiber sticker and have it installed on the center...then i put a border on it to make it pop out...:D

How did you make the template for that and cut it? i actually ordered a sheet of 3M yesterday because i figured a sticker would give a better quality.
btw,
youve got the nicest explorer ive seen yet. good job

Back