OK - the nav has beat me - but I found a solution | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

OK - the nav has beat me - but I found a solution

JohnBoyToo

Reaction score
City, State
DFW, TexUS
Year, Model & Trim Level
13 Sport, 13 F350 6.7CCSB
Turn that pitiful thing off and put my Garmin 5000 on the dash !

Terrible that circa 2008 technology is better than 2013 !!!!

We actually had a deputy pull over to see if everything was ok today when we had to pull off to the side of the road!

We should have known when going down to https://www.google.com/#bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=8aadcfa29a0229c3&q=dinosaur+valley+state+park to take the girls to walk in the dinosaur tracks...
it kept wanting to direct us to Glenn Heights when we wanted to go to Glen Rose !!!

Then on the way back we thought we'd go get some Lobster Bisque @ Lucilles in Fort worth, Tx (again a place that has been there forever...)

and, of course, when the voice commands failed and proved to be useless, we had to pull over so the wife could type ---- again - just ludicrous !!!

Like the two 13's we have from ford, but having wasted money on the mft's makes me like them less !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so the Garmin is back on the dash --- what a great advertisement for fords navs !!!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry to here about your problems. The NAV in my 2011 limited works great unless it loses signal.
Have you had the TSB done.
Have you updated to 3.6?

Good luck

Turn that pitiful thing off and put my Garmin 5000 on the dash !

Like the two 13's we have from ford, but having wasted money on the mft's makes me like them less !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so the Garmin is back on the dash --- what a great advertisement for fords navs !!!!!

It's not only Ford's nav version that burps like that.
This is the reason I do not get navigation in a new vehicle. My old Pharos GPS works better than most infotainment nav systems.

Hope you had fun on your trip!

I never wanted Ford's nav - or anyone else's for that matter. An external unit is usually faster, and with nav in most every smart phone, I don't need to pay big bucks for something I get for free. As a backup, if I have no cell signal, I have a small Garmin in the glovebox.

Dinosaur Valley State Park is cool. When we went a couple of years ago, the Garmin found it fine. When we go back we'll see if the Ex can do the same.

As for using a cell phone, I like having the option of using downloaded maps on the phone for offline use when a signal isn't around. It eats up a few gig of storage, but it is a great backup. Plus, the newest update to Here Drive on my Windows Phone made it work that much better.

Back