• Register Today It's free!

MFT v 3.6 wont connect with phone

bluelion

Reaction score
City, State
Spring, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 EX Limited
I have the galaxy note 2 (android jelly bean 4.1.2) and prior to the 3.6 update, I had no issues at all with conndcting my phone. I have unpaired the phone with mft....and when I pair it up again, it doesnt connect. It tries to connect, and I can seey phone going from "paired" to "connecting" then back to "paired". So its trying to connect the phone but is unsuccessful. Then after a couple minutes the mft screen says my phone is unavailable and goes back to the option to "connect a phone"....... can someone chime in if they had the same issue or if there is a fix.

Wasn't there a forced pairing mode available? I'm remembering there was a way to designate the pairing partner. There are a couple of threads in here on that.

reboot phone if you have not tried that. Otherwise try downloading the MFT reboot app. you can put on memory stick and see if you can pair after lite-reboot of mft. Good luck. I was able to pair my droid razr maxx after 3.6 upgrade. I think I rebooted phone before I tried pairing. Good luck!

Ok, I rebooted my phone, did a master reset on MFT and although the phone paired...it only connected to media and not call audio...I tried again, and second time it worked.... all is good now.....

Back