My build log: project PIA | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My build log: project PIA

Well hello there. How have you all been doing? It's crazy to see that it has been over a year since I posted anything about the Huntress! This past year or so has been absolutely INSANE!!! Our little girl is running around terrorizing the house, dogs and her Mommy and I've been loving every second of it! I'm working a new job now that will be providing more income for our family, and that means the Huntress will more likely be dropping her inny and growing a pair of big, greasy man gears! I've already picked up a few things for some MAJOR developements in the near future so sit down, strap in and prepare to have a mediocre dose of the not-bads. Pics to follow... until then, I missed you guys! :salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good to hear from ya! Glad the family and the huntress are all doing well too!

picture.php

I'm currently working on my dash. What did you use to refinish it? Got any pics?
-Noober AKA Jason:salute:

Hey there!! Sorry about the waaaay late response! Lol! Sadly though, my dash still looks almost exactly like that! I was running down to the wire in time and funds, so the dash had to take a backseat to the mechanical progress of the swap at the time. That being said, all I did was blast it with about 9 coats of satin black duplicolor and called it good for the time being. I am not done with the dash as I still have a few other things in the works for it. It's going to have to wait though for there are big things going on in my garage right now. :)

So... The "big things" once again had to take a backseat to life and I have been staring at the poor X sitting in the driveway with nothing underneath the front. Untill today... it has begun! Again! again...

Well... At one point there was a sawsall in use. But, today was all drilling, sanding, painting, bolting and pictures, pictures, pictures. All that work and all I got was this lousy

image-3976253099.jpg

:-0

Sneak peak at what the future has in store???

image-3188030505.jpg

image-477444077.jpg

image-684173954.jpg

Stay tuned.

Skimmed and read a lot, I love reading build logs. But please don't say that what you have in store is that you lathed those arms down into baseball bats and you are teaching you daughter to hunt for squirrels with them.

Not a chance on the lathing. We have guns for that. Plus they cost a fortune. The squirrels brought their own demise down on themselves. I caught them in the engine bay one to many times. The end.

Where my parents live its mice. zero squirrels. The thing trash everything. Caught one running through the inner bracing of the hood on our F250. pretty sure the carb cleaner gave it a reason to leave...for now.

I must ask though. Is there a reason for blue?

Where my parents live its mice. zero squirrels. The thing trash everything. Caught one running through the inner bracing of the hood on our F250. pretty sure the carb cleaner gave it a reason to leave...for now.

I must ask though. Is there a reason for blue?

Because James Duff doesn't offer black.

and I hate mice too, but they're fast and more difficult to shoot.

So... Made a little bit of progress today. I think the hardest part was getting the bronco out of the backyard by myself. With flat tires. And then trying to stop it.

image-1355005607.jpg

image-352809936.jpg

image-29814682.jpg

image-960299809.jpg

image-1445500716.jpg

Now to get it around the Exploder and into the garage so I can clean it and prep it. Hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday I can mock it up and have it bolted in by Friday or so.

image-716035183.jpg

image-915345944.jpg

image-80284045.jpg

image-281731658.jpg

Bolted up today??? Maybe...

But probably not. I did however get all the front brackets bolted in. That was a P.I.A. in itself. Tomorrow: find and apply lith grease to C bushings, install clamps and RA's, install RA brackets to frame, blah blah blah. We'll see. Goodnight.

image-1096429562.jpg

image-2743924256.jpg

image-3059886547.jpg

Agreed. The C clamps are giving me a run for my monies. I had to use zip ties to hold them in place while I got a couple threads in. Now, after they are all tightened, they are uneven. Booooo. So, 50/50 shot at what side is wrong, I don't want to have to do this again soon. I start a pretty hectic school schedule for the new job tomorrow so progress will be real slow for about a month, if anybody is on the edge of there seats following this, nows the time to stretch those legs and get a refill.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back