• Register Today It's free!

Fog Light Switch Location???

x5050160

Reaction score
City, State
Saint Joseph
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
1994 Ford Explorer XLT. So I'm looking for a good easy location to mount my new fog light switch. The back of it is round about 3/8ths" in diameter. I'm looking to mount it on the dash. I was looking at mounting it on the panel under the steering column. It is very tight down there. Any good easy place to put it? Pics would be cool too.:):D;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Impress your friends.......put it on the overhead console.

Wish I had one. I ended up putting it on the knee smasher under the column. The tab one the right side at the top is broken so I drilled the hole for it there. Ill take a pic of it later tonight get it up sometime this week.

Just don't do like I did. I used my rear windshield wiper switch since the wiper arm was broken off and I never use the thing anyways. Turns out that switch has some kind of delay after a minute or so. Now my fog lights beat on and off.... I should probably change that soon

The wiper has an auto delay after a minute? What year X do you have?

use the empty little flat piece under the headlight switch. i put 2 on there for my off road lights and my fog lights. if you do it right you can get about 3 or 4 of them on there if you decide to add more lights later.

I used an old-school dimmer switch on the floor for my fog lights and its been working great for years.

the wiper has an auto delay after a minute? What year x do you have?

94'

Back