Anyone tried the SCOUT Navigation? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone tried the SCOUT Navigation?

zen2u

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Sport
Considering this app since it can override the vehicles native navigation. (So what you see on your iphone is what you see on the Ford Nav screen).

I've been using Siri for directions since getting my Explr Sport in April (the Nav has a horrible UI). I think that is becuase it is a Windows based system so it has that Fisher Price icon look like on WIndows PCs - like trying to focus in on a bowl of colored alphabet soup.

In searching for options I came across an apparent Ford / Scout collaboration. I'll likely pull the trigger on the app but looking to see if anyone has feedback? I will share my experience.

I believe applink is required to use Scout. Explorer does not have applink.

Express is correct, this app requires Ford Sync AppLink for integration w/ your car. This isn't available on the My Ford Touch system in your Sport. It's been promised for MFT since late 2010/early 2011, but has never made it to market.

If you want something that will work with nav and sync go to App Store and look at send to car app. This will send google map info to sync it's good for several different auto manufactures. I use it with all my vehicles it easy to use

It is also in android app also

Back