MFT v3.6.2 is now available | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Update: I was able to complete the update download at work, and installed it this evening in my Explorer.

I suspect I'll have the same Java problems when I try to "report back" the successful installation on my Mac...the www.syncmyride.com website is down for maintenance right now.

I have a funny feeling I'll have to wait until I'm back at work on Monday to "report back" the successful update installation on the syncmyride website...but will try the site again later to see if it's back up.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Update: I was able to complete the update download at work, and installed it this evening in my Explorer.

I suspect I'll have the same Java problems when I try to "report back" the successful installation on my Mac...the www.syncmyride.com website is down for maintenance right now.

I have a funny feeling I'll have to wait until I'm back at work on Monday to "report back" the successful update installation on the syncmyride website...but will try the site again later to see if it's back up.

If it helps, I had the same issues downloading it with my mac. I spoke with Rebecca a few times via PM regarding this and she had said that MACs are hit or miss.

What I found worked is I downloaded the Firefox browser which has JAVA built in and it downloaded just fine unlike using Safari or Chrome.

If you have issues in the future, try downloading Firefox and all should go smoothly.

Hey Everyone,

Just successfully updated my 2013 Explorer Sport. Here was my experience.

1. Downloaded the update from support.ford.com; the download process was absolutely horrible. It took 2 hours and 45 minutes to download everything. The download appeared to be "stuck" at 38% for about half the time (> 1 hour). Luckily, I noticed the file sizes growing before I just gave up and let it chug away. To see if the files are downloading or not look at the filesizes while the download is happening. The biggest files that took forever at the 38% stage was DA5T-14D544-BD.zip and DA5T-14F497-AL.zip, which were both >100MB files each. In all, the download is ~555MB. Just as a side note, my internet is 60Mb/s down and 10Mb/s Up. I think the servers over at Ford's site are completely maxed out, causing the download to be miserably slow. Might want to try during the day while people are at work, or late in the evening.
2. Installation was very easy. Plugged in my USB drive, started up my car, hit update, and drove around town for 30 minutes, and was greeted by my car of a successful update when it finished.
3. After the update, I noticed my clock was off by 1 hour. I checked the daylight savings time and it was set. I also hit sync with GPS and the clock remained 1 hour off. Had to manually roll it ahead 1 hour.
4. I noticed the tiles on the homescreen were "selectable" rather than the icons as others have mentioned.
5. I noticed there is more Sirius info of the current track playing on the home tiles as others have mentioned.
6. The voice commands have been greatly improved, however voice recognition on the ford vehicles is literally 10 years behind my Android phone. It cannot find places that are < 2 years old in my town either.
7. There are menus for almost every voice command now (which I love! The voice recognition is lacking imo).
8. I don't remember the backup camera having the little plus icon to zoom, but others said it was there before. The zoom feature seems relatively useless unless you really want to screw someone over in parallel parking :p
9. Navigation and system menu browsing is much much much more responsive than before. Finding a Point of Interest via navigation seems to have definitely been overhauled, as it wouldn't "lockup" while limiting search results.

All in all, I am very pleased with the update. It looks like the Ford Sync Team put way more time and effort into getting the OS stable and responsive over adding more features, which I personally prefer.

Still would like to see better voice updates to compete with my Android phone, but this is definitely a great step forward! :)

After the MFT Update is completed in your car is very important to go back to your computer and report back to Sync Support your completed update as per the instructions.

Bobby

As an alternative you can run a vehicle health report which will report back the update, much easier if you have a Mac. Of coarse your mobile phone number must registered on your Ford support account and when you run the report Ford support must not be down for maintenance.

As an alternative you can run a vehicle health report which will report back the update, much easier if you have a Mac. Of coarse your mobile phone number must registered on your Ford support account and when you run the report Ford support must not be down for maintenance.
That is unless you live in Canada.:(

Peter

Update:
I should have remembered that I had Firefox on my Mac, as it worked perfectly for me. I was able to report back the successful installation without an issue.

I should point out that the instructions for selecting the file to report back are misleading..a bit. The illustration shows the file outside the SyncMyRide folder, but in fact it's inside the folder. I don't know if this was something unique to my installation or not. It wasn't a big deal, but I could see it tripping up someone else.

Again...if you've got a Mac, my suggestion would be to use the Firefox browser for the update.

(I would also suggest Ford provide guidance for Mac users!).

You can run a Vehicle Health Check which updates Sync account versus the website and USB update.

Finally updated on Friday while driving to Costco with the wife!

Everything went well and finally able to get my iPhone5 and text messages syncing!

Didn't play with it much but seems good.

I was in the same boat as many people here where the download was stuck at 38% forever!

Well, mine has now shown a problem with the navigation after the update. Every so often it shows me off in a field for a second before snapping me back to the correct location. Back to the dealer I go.... :(
Update on this. After accidentally unplugging my Nav card and plugging it back in the problem has gone away. Guess I just needed to re-boot the nav after the upgrade.:confused:

I went ahead and (against my better judgement) installed the update using the files someone posted earlier on Dropbox. The level of frustration in trying to get the Java downloader on the Ford website working is incredible - they really need to dump that crap.

(I say "against my better judgement", but the user posting it did have a good rep on this board and the work:utility ratio of any kind of malicious hack is so out of whack that it's pretty unlikely to happen. #YOLO)

Note that if you go the dropbox route for acquiring the update files you'll want to run a Vehicle Health Report after you're done so that the Ford support system knows what version of Sync you are running.

GOOD THINGS TO REPORT ABOUT 3.6.2:
1. Sync now connects to my iPhone 4 via bluetooth & begins playback quickly and reliably. The previous version would take ~30sec to start & ~40% of the time the connection and/or playback would fail. Typically failure meant going into the sync phone settings, disconnecting, reconnecting and/or toggling BT Stereo. Extremely frustrating! Hopefully they've figured the problems out in this area.

2. Overall the system seems more responsive, though I wish there were a way to shorten or disable the menu/screen transition animations.

3. I don't see any curved lines on my backup camera. I'm writing this because I've seen others who have posted saying that they *do* and that they *shouldn't*... I'm in the camp of *don't* and *shouldn't* ('13 Ex Sport, w/ Tow). I do see the straight lines just as I always did.

4. My time was off by an hour; easy fix. As a programmer I cut others a lot of slack on this bug - we screw up time zones all the time... it's a lot harder to get right than you might think. :)

3.6 update

Thank you for that info. I must be the only one that doesn't have the update available for downloading from the website. I'll give it a few more days. At least I'm not having issues with the current version.;)

Peter

No, you're not the only one - I'm on 3.2.2 and it tells me that is the current version....I'm going to call the number you mentioned in a prev thread.

just called and requested the USB stick. seems easy enough :)

I went ahead and (against my better judgement) installed the update using the files someone posted earlier on Dropbox. The level of frustration in trying to get the Java downloader on the Ford website working is incredible - they really need to dump that crap.

(I say "against my better judgement", but the user posting it did have a good rep on this board and the work:utility ratio of any kind of malicious hack is so out of whack that it's pretty unlikely to happen. #YOLO)

Note that if you go the dropbox route for acquiring the update files you'll want to run a Vehicle Health Report after you're done so that the Ford support system knows what version of Sync you are running.

GOOD THINGS TO REPORT ABOUT 3.6.2:
1. Sync now connects to my iPhone 4 via bluetooth & begins playback quickly and reliably. The previous version would take ~30sec to start & ~40% of the time the connection and/or playback would fail. Typically failure meant going into the sync phone settings, disconnecting, reconnecting and/or toggling BT Stereo. Extremely frustrating! Hopefully they've figured the problems out in this area.

2. Overall the system seems more responsive, though I wish there were a way to shorten or disable the menu/screen transition animations.

3. I don't see any curved lines on my backup camera. I'm writing this because I've seen others who have posted saying that they *do* and that they *shouldn't*... I'm in the camp of *don't* and *shouldn't* ('13 Ex Sport, w/ Tow). I do see the straight lines just as I always did.

4. My time was off by an hour; easy fix. As a programmer I cut others a lot of slack on this bug - we screw up time zones all the time... it's a lot harder to get right than you might think. :)

3. Ditto on the lines not showing up for the Sport.

4. Haha, so true. I can't wait until 2038 ;)

Can't download the file. When I get to Step two and hit OK, Firefox crashes to Desktop. IE crashes as well.

Anyone else experience this?

Did you get it downloaded, Gandalf? If not, try again; we changed the download process.

(I would also suggest Ford provide guidance for Mac users!).

I have advised my support of your suggestion, OzzieMike. :D

Rebecca

I got my explorer on Saturday. Installed the update the same day. While driving with a destination in the nav the screens on the left and right of the speedos turned off twice for about two seconds then came back on. It was really weird. Hasn't happened again..

I got my explorer on Saturday. Installed the update the same day. While driving with a destination in the nav the screens on the left and right of the speedos turned off twice for about two seconds then came back on. It was really weird. Hasn't happened again..
Welcome to the Forum MAbbottUSMC.:wavey:
That is strange. I assume they both went off and on at the same time? I would have initially suspected a loose connection but since it hasn't happened since I don't know what to suspect.:scratch:
If it happens again I would suggest visiting the dealer but unless the screens are actually off, I don't know if they could find the problem. Electronic gremlins can be very frustrating.
Good luck and enjoy your new ride.:thumbsup:

Peter

Welcome to the Forum MAbbottUSMC.:wavey:
That is strange. I assume they both went off and on at the same time? I would have initially suspected a loose connection but since it hasn't happened since I don't know what to suspect.:scratch:
If it happens again I would suggest visiting the dealer but unless the screens are actually off, I don't know if they could find the problem. Electronic gremlins can be very frustrating.
Good luck and enjoy your new ride.:thumbsup:

Peter

Yep, both off at the same time. I've been watching it to see if I can replicate it. I haven't been able to do it yet.

MyFord Touch v3.6

Anybody else tried to download onto USB and been successful? I'm having problems, going to ask Ford to send me one and try it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anybody else tried to download onto USB and been successful? I'm having problems, going to ask Ford to send me one and try it.

Yes. Make sure you are using IE on Windows.

Back