1/4 Mile Run Times | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1/4 Mile Run Times

Do not run these vehicles in manual mode. Just put it in drive and let it do it's thing.
Myself and the SHO guys have hundreds it not thousands of passes combined and none of us run in manual mode.

I posted up my 1st time to the track with the explorer but not many people responded, what RPM are you guys finding the "sweet spot" to launch these tanks at? And how long to keep it in sand mode? Just looking for additional data points so I know where to adjust to next time out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I posted up my 1st time to the track with the explorer but not many people responded, what RPM are you guys finding the "sweet spot" to launch these tanks at? And how long to keep it in sand mode? Just looking for additional data points so I know where to adjust to next time out.

All the fast Explorer runs you have seen have been in normal mode with traction control off. Depends on track conditions but bringing the RPM up to 2,000-2,500 seems to work well.

Impressive with such a heavy vehicle, I won't see my Sport until in arrives in Sept, but have already ordered this tune! Thanks

I did exactly the same thing, my Sport's ETA is Aug 25th at the dealer, I'm chomping at the bit.

Art

I did exactly the same thing, my Sport's ETA is Aug 25th at the dealer, I'm chomping at the bit.

Art

My ETA is the 23rd of August, but I always anticipate holdups, so I am looking to first week of Sept for delivery-------our trucks are brothers...lol

All the fast Explorer runs you have seen have been in normal mode with traction control off. Depends on track conditions but bringing the RPM up to 2,000-2,500 seems to work well.

Okay this one didn't set in till now, but how do you turn traction control off with normal mode on?

I know I know, "RTFM" lol, but so far the only way I noticed being able to shut the TCS off was with taking it out of normal mode.

Okay this one didn't set in till now, but how do you turn traction control off with normal mode on?

I know I know, "RTFM" lol, but so far the only way I noticed being able to shut the TCS off was with taking it out of normal mode.

It's under settings -> driver assist using the left D pad.

In normal mode use the left hat and go down to the vehicle settings, forget the exact title, but it's like four down, the first level in, first option, is traction control. set it to off.

it's that easy. now TC is off, but torque mangement is still there so you'll still find the nanny mode kicking in pretty often through first and second as well as at shifts.

Thank you guys, I thought I had went through all those options before, I clearly missed that one!

Next time out at the track I'll give normal mode with tc off a shot. Really like to crack 14.5's before adding mods, just because I like the challenges lol.

Tuner is here, now I wish the truck would get here!! :D

I know engine break in is like talking about first oil changes, but i'd drive it a little bit pre tune just to make sure you don't have a lemon and give the dealer a reason to blame you for it!

I know engine break in is like talking about first oil changes, but i'd drive it a little bit pre tune just to make sure you don't have a lemon and give the dealer a reason to blame you for it!

Good advice, I will do that.

Hi Greg, any updates with how the Sport has been running?

Thanks
Art

The Lund Racing tunes used in the op's video, and the one everyone is referring to, is it the Hypertech tuner or the SCT tuner that you guys are buying? I went to the Lund site and saw both.

EDIT:

Nevermind, Ken got me sorted out. I was looking at the wrong thing. Tuner is ordered!!:thumbsup:

Has anyone had an issue with reverse stuttering? I'm running the DD tune and it's possible the same thing will or did happen in stock.

Has anyone had an issue with reverse stuttering? I'm running the DD tune and it's possible the same thing will or did happen in stock.

The update that will be released this week should take care of that as well as add some nice new refinements in throttle response and shift points.

I get occassional stuttering in reverse and drive, normally right after starting and trying to get going. My idle has been a bit rougher too. Wasn't sure if that was due to changing my plug gap though...

I get occassional stuttering in reverse and drive, normally right after starting and trying to get going. My idle has been a bit rougher too. Wasn't sure if that was due to changing my plug gap though...

My explorer does the same and has kicked a few system too rich bank one and two with the SS tune installed.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The update that will be released this week should take care of that as well as add some nice new refinements in throttle response and shift points.

Ken, any updated track times?:salute:

Back