MFT v3.6.2 is now available | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

Anybody else tried to download onto USB and been successful? I'm having problems, going to ask Ford to send me one and try it.

You should be able to download the zip file to your desktop, unzip it, and then move everything to your USB. What is your experience, and which browser are you using?

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since its release v3.6.2 has been rock solid for me.

The BT audio with iPhone5 with iOS7 Beta 6 is immediate every time and the best part is that after leaving the vehicle it auto connects upon return to the last media used.

Text messaging works, but no email like earlier versions.

Only issue left is a Sirius issue with Travel Link Fuel Prices not updating. Sirius CS is working on it so hopefully it will get resolved.

Good work IVT

Now for the next release please allow for SIRI functionality built in! LOL

The BT audio with iPhone5 with iOS7 Beta 6 is immediate every time and the best part is that after leaving the vehicle it auto connects upon return to the last media used.

Only issue left is a Sirius issue with Travel Link Fuel Prices not updating. Sirius CS is working on it so hopefully it will get resolved.

Good work IVT

LOL, don't push it, Sarge. ;) Glad you're liking it!

Rebecca

Good work IVT

SGT, When you say text messaging works, do you mean receiving texts or sending texts? When I tried to send a text through the system, I get a message that sending the text failed (which is, at least, better than it was before and wouldn't give a message at all). I'm still on iOS 6, though...

Nothing as of today. I have asked them (IVT) to send it to me on a USB stick.

Peter

Hey Peter,

I have a 2011 (March delivery) and just yesterday (August 23) received the letter telling me about the upgrade. I checked the web site and it is there also. I have not yet executed the upgrade.

SGT, When you say text messaging works, do you mean receiving texts or sending texts? When I tried to send a text through the system, I get a message that sending the text failed (which is, at least, better than it was before and wouldn't give a message at all). I'm still on iOS 6, though...

Sorry, yes your right I can only receive text or imessages when the iPhone is locked.(locked screen)

I cannot send a text yet either, that would be very nice if you could voice a response back to a message.

Hey Peter,

I have a 2011 (March delivery) and just yesterday (August 23) received the letter telling me about the upgrade. I checked the web site and it is there also. I have not yet executed the upgrade.
Thanks for the update deerfarm. Mine was also a March 2011 delivery. No letter, no update.
Waiting for the update to arrive in the mail on a USB drive.

Peter

Sync Software update

Need some help on installation of the software update. Im sure some of you have also received a letter in the mail about this update as well.
Steps are fairly simple, however, when I install the update on the computer, the file being downloaded isnt zipped. Basically I can't extract, any files and I would have to choose a file to open a program. I know this isnt correct.
Can anyone chime in on this.

The file is not zipped. Just download it to a usb and put it in slot in car and start and click when prompted and it will do the rest . SYNC will reboot several time while installing. Seems like it took about 25-30 min to download and about the same to install. Good luck.

Need some help on installation of the software update. Im sure some of you have also received a letter in the mail about this update as well.
Steps are fairly simple, however, when I install the update on the computer, the file being downloaded isnt zipped. Basically I can't extract, any files and I would have to choose a file to open a program. I know this isnt correct.

First, there us a IVT forum for all sync and MFT threads. Should be posting in there.

Second, when you plug in the zip drive in your vehicle, the install begins automatically. There is nothing for you to do but wait.

Maybe you didn't realize the car has to be idling or running ?

As per my PM, I have moved your thread from the 'Discussion' forum to this one.
Good luck.

Peter

I just performed the upgrade. I couldn't get it to download with Google chrome, but thanks to this forum, I used IE and it worked fine.

Thanks

Well i finally figured it out. Its not just as easy as download the file and place it in a usb, first i had to figure out why it wasent zipped. You can't just place an unzipped file and expect the sync system in the car to download it. And of course you have to have the car running when uploading the file.
I used deerfarms method and changed from chrome to ie and was able to get the zipped file and extract them to a usb. thanks for that info deerfarm

Just finished updating. This is the first update to wipe out my vast collection of wallpapers. Oh well.
Question: I noticed that we now have the option of having the time or date appear on the top line of the main Sync screen, but I see no where to actually update the current date. It defaults to Jan. 1. Anyone?

Just finished updating. This is the first update to wipe out my vast collection of wallpapers. Oh well.
Question: I noticed that we now have the option of having the time or date appear on the top line of the main Sync screen, but I see no where to actually update the current date. It defaults to Jan. 1. Anyone?
Since I'm still waiting for the update to arrive I can't be sure how this works.
Have you gone in and checked your calendar to see what date it shows? Perhaps it is getting the info from it.

Peter

Thanks for the update deerfarm. Mine was also a March 2011 delivery. No letter, no update.
Waiting for the update to arrive in the mail on a USB drive.

Peter

I also have a March 2011 build and just got the letter. Fortunately due to this forum, I did my update 2 weeks ago (love the update, more reliable and faster). Maybe it is just to torture Peter since he has not been able to do it!!

Did you get it downloaded, Gandalf? If not, try again; we changed the download process.

Rebecca
Yes, I am now able to download the zip file successfully and extract the files to a flash drive. For those interested, I did this using Firefox. No IE required! :D

Thanks Rebecca!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Why does support.ford say that I am currently up to date when clearly i am not? I got the letter in the mail, but the website says i am current.

Back