SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SiriusXM / Travel Link Renewal

Knowing them they'd probably think of a way to send me to a collection agency.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tried to renew my contract with them last week, for what I paid last year, $89.68, they would not do it, offered me $96 and I said no, cancel me. They now send me an Email once a week. I don't miss it, and have found Pandora better.

AND ANOTHER THING. The radio buttons on Ford vehicles all say "SIRIUS". When Sirius goes under then my cars will have the name of a defunct company all over it to look at?

FORD ARE YOU LISTENING?? How about simply making the buttons say "SAT" That way when someone else takes over satellite radio and changes the name, "SAT" will make sense.

You can't be serious....relax....Why be so petty and negative?
Both Ford and SiriusXM entered into an agreement together to install the radios and provide a service. As a part of that agreement it only makes sense that SiriusXM would request to have their brand visible/identified on the radio as a part of their overall marketing campaign.

How terrible all of the Saturn and Pontiac owners must feel driving around in their "defunct" vehicles....they should remove all of the badges from the car so no one will notice...;)

I really have gotten used to my Sirius/XM - so when my renewal notice came in the mail, I called the number and expected to be able to do some haggling. The gal on the phone quoted me the same price as the flyer (144/year) and wouldnt budge.

So I just said that the price was too high. She suggested waiting for it to expire and to see if any other deals or promotions were available at that time (in 3 weeks).

I wonder if they've been told not to make any deals until the service has actually expired

I really have gotten used to my Sirius/XM - so when my renewal notice came in the mail, I called the number and expected to be able to do some haggling. The gal on the phone quoted me the same price as the flyer (144/year) and wouldnt budge.

So I just said that the price was too high. She suggested waiting for it to expire and to see if any other deals or promotions were available at that time (in 3 weeks).

I wonder if they've been told not to make any deals until the service has actually expired
In both cases when I renewed, I had about 3 - 4 weeks left on the current subscription. Sirius/XM Canada has been great to deal with and very little haggling involved.

Peter

I'm about 6 months post deactivation. You will start getting the 25$ for six months letters soon after the deactivation and that's pretty much as good as it gets. They will not add internet listening and will not budge on the price once the six months promo is up.

I basically gave up on sirius and went with Slacker Radio using bluetooth from my phone. Slacker allows you to pre-download stations so cell connectivity is not an issue and has great station selection (UK Hits is my fav) all for 4$ a month.

I like it, and my kids like it - but I didnt want to pay $144/year.

After a bit a phone haggling, I got it for $86/year plus tax. Maybe not the best deal ever, but I am satisfied.

I'm happy

I know lots of you guys did better then me but I got Sirius select and travel link for a $130.00 for one year. The lady on the phone was very nice and I just didn't want to pay the $200.00 standard fee.

$70 is a tank and a half gas lol

I just got my letter for renewal in the mail today. I called up to cancel my auto renew because they got me last year on it and charged me $170+.

So the gentleman asked why I wanted to cancel.. I said "because you got me last year on the auto renew and I'm not going to let you get me again".

He immediately offered 50% off down to $80 plus taxes. I declined.

He then immediately offered $25 for 5 months which I accepted. $5 a month is great and we will play the game again come January. They also removed my credit card so I will get a paper bill in about 4 months to remind me to renew or cancel.

My bank (Bank of America) has a 'safe card' option that allows you to create a temporary credit card number. You can set the length of time it is valid and the max approval amount. I find it very handy for things like this.

You do still need to remember to call and cancel as they will try to ding the card and then charge you some portion of the bill - but it's much less than the full amount and offers some peace of mind.

I just got my letter for renewal in the mail today. I called up to cancel my auto renew because they got me last year on it and charged me $170+.

So the gentleman asked why I wanted to cancel.. I said "because you got me last year on the auto renew and I'm not going to let you get me again".

He immediately offered 50% off down to $80 plus taxes. I declined.

He then immediately offered $25 for 5 months which I accepted. $5 a month is great and we will play the game again come January. They also removed my credit card so I will get a paper bill in about 4 months to remind me to renew or cancel.
I have never received a paper bill/invoice. They always send me a renewal quote via email well in advance of the expiry date. I usually wait a while then call them up to say the cost is too high and then we play their little game and usually end up at about 50% off their original price.

Peter

1 yr renewal for $86+tax, on CC.
This offer was on a letter along with 6 mo at 29.94.
Recurring yearly after this will be on a paper bill-if its allowed to expire they charge a $2 paper bill fee.
When offering to cancel they just said sorry.
I asked about the 6 mo and the rep told me generally they wont do it for a 2nd time,
its so cheap.
Anyway no time for this stuff so its not bad, & I like to have Bababooie in the car so...

lol no time but im here posting aargh

I have never received a paper bill/invoice. They always send me a renewal quote via email well in advance of the expiry date. I usually wait a while then call them up to say the cost is too high and then we play their little game and usually end up at about 50% off their original price.

Peter

They will only send a paper bill if you don't have a credit card on file. The $2 fee is charged for the paper bill but only if you pay the bill. I'll negotiate that out come January lol.

They will only send a paper bill if you don't have a credit card on file. The $2 fee is charged for the paper bill but only if you pay the bill. I'll negotiate that out come January lol.

After the fit I threw last time they know better than to try it again on my debit card. I made the mistake of not looking at my account to make sure my debit was not on it and they never took it off and auto billed me full price!
I went ballistic so they ended up giving me 2 years for the price of one.
I took it because I figured they would drag out giving back my money as long as possible if they gave it back at all....

After the fit I threw last time they know better than to try it again on my debit card. I made the mistake of not looking at my account to make sure my debit was not on it and they never took it off and auto billed me full price!
I went ballistic so they ended up giving me 2 years for the price of one.
I took it because I figured they would drag out giving back my money as long as possible if they gave it back at all....

Not sure if it was you that I read about but I remember reading (probably in this exact thread) about someone who got billed and had to go through their bank and a conference call with XM to get their money back because they were supposed to be off autobill and they weren't.

Then again, you said you didn't try to get your money back so it must have been someone else.

I will definitely be calling up next week to verify what Credit Card they have on file.. We shall see what they say.

Fortunately I have my renewal dates written on my calendar so I'm prepared. Plus it is on my credit card, not my bank card so I can easily dispute the charge and not worry about getting my checking account credited.

My subscription is now expired, they called the house with some outrageous price to renew and I declined.
So whats the best rate going now?
Anybody just renewed?

My subscription is now expired, they called the house with some outrageous price to renew and I declined.
Anybody just renewed?
There are a few renewals in the posts above.
I don't think there is such a thing as a 'current rate'. It all depends on how much you are willing to haggle.

Peter

Anybody just renewed?

Took me about 2 weeks after expiring for them to call and offer $76 for 12 months. Thet waived the "reconnect fee".

I patiently waited for the call.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anybody just renewed?

Just yesterday I called to haggle to renew my wife's vehicle and they did $25 for 6 months, this was the third offer after I declined $99 as an initial offer and $77 as their second offer.

Back