• Register Today It's free!

Another tire question

Rckslick333

Reaction score
City, State
Kittery, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 explorer nbx 4.6
I know this topic has been butchered but after searching ive seen yes and nos for this.

Will 265 70 17 m/t's fit on a stock 2003 nbx explorer?

Thanks! And sorry for another tire question

If you are completely stock and don't mind rubbing then yes. If you don't like rubbing then no. I just put 265/70/17's on my Explorer and I have two inch wheel spacers and I was still rubbing a lot, even with them two inches out, now granted with the fact I have spacers, without them I for sure would have been rubbing much more in turns. I also have Monroe Quick Struts in which gave mine a little lift in the back, but with the clearance in the front I was out of luck. Any time I hit a bump doing more than 30MPH I was bottoming out my tires into the wheel well. So I ended up lifting just the front to level my explorer out, and cut out MOST of the rubbing in turns, but even with a 1.25" lift in the front I'm still rubbing a bit.

So you can make the choice based on that if you want. That is my experience with that same size tire with a little bit of MOD's. So just imagine your Ex not sitting as high as mine, and the tires being closer to everything inside, you'll get rubbing and may not want to turn the wheel all the way over. But you can fit. May want to trim you wells out if you do at stock, it's gonna grab at them.

Back