MFT v3.6.2 is now available | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6.2 is now available

I am using it in advanced. Have not tried to switch over or reset.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, 1950silverstreak!

Hi Rebecca, I have now left MFT in novice mode and it seems to be working better now. I would say it's been 3 days so far without losing voice command control. However, I have tested this a bit last week and as soon as I tried to change the setting to advanced mode, I would immediately lose the voice command control.

When you lose the voice command controls, do you still see "Listening..." in the lower left corner of the MFT screen or hear any of the normal chimes?

Rebecca

Thanks, 1950silverstreak!

When you lose the voice command controls, do you still see "Listening..." in the lower left corner of the MFT screen or hear any of the normal chimes?

Rebecca

There are no chimes or sound at all (although i do get sound from the radio or music if I switch to that). The word, "listening" does not appear, but the help button appears. If I keep pushing the voice command control button on steering wheel, the word 'listening" eventually does appear and will take a command (i.e. like cancel and then it does cancel). Although again, no voice or sound at all. Very strange. I too have had little or no MFT issues with my 2012 Explorer until this 3.6.2 update. I also have not made any phone or ipod changes. Thanks!

I am using it in advanced. Have not tried to switch over or reset.

Please try Novice and let me know if it starts working again.

There are no chimes or sound at all (although i do get sound from the radio or music if I switch to that). The word, "listening" does not appear, but the help button appears. If I keep pushing the voice command control button on steering wheel, the word 'listening" eventually does appear and will take a command (i.e. like cancel and then it does cancel). Although again, no voice or sound at all. Very strange. I too have had little or no MFT issues with my 2012 Explorer until this 3.6.2 update. I also have not made any phone or ipod changes. Thanks!

Thanks! I'll send all of this info to my support.

Rebecca

Updated now to 3.6.2

Finally received my update on the USB drive in the mail today. Took a little less than 30 minutes to install. All looks good but haven't driven with it yet.
I had to call SYNC support to get the URL so that I could report the successful update.
For those in the same boat, the URL is;

http://support.ford.com/tools/account/update-center?step=prepare-sa

You use the same USB drive that you received in the mail to report the update. Just remove it from the USB port in the Explorer and plug it into a USB port on your computer.

Peter

Finally received my update on the USB drive in the mail today. Took a little less than 30 minutes to install. All looks good but haven't driven with it yet.
I had to call SYNC support to get the URL so that I could report the successful update.
For those in the same boat, the URL is;

http://support.ford.com/tools/account/update-center?step=prepare-sa

You use the same USB drive that you received in the mail to report the update. Just remove it from the USB port in the Explorer and plug it into a USB port on your computer.

Peter

Welcome to the club Peter. Kinda crazy it took so long for you to get everything.

My account is still showing 3.5.1 is up to date. Do I have to have a subscription service purchased to get the latest update? I bought the vehicle used last week, so this is all new to me!

PS, sorry for digging up an old thread, I am encountering some issues that 3.6.2 fixed!

My account is still showing 3.5.1 is up to date. Do I have to have a subscription service purchased to get the latest update? I bought the vehicle used last week, so this is all new to me!

PS, sorry for digging up an old thread, I am encountering some issues that 3.6.2 fixed!
You can call them (800-392-4040) and ask to have the update sent to you on a USB flash drive. See post 186 in this thread.

Peter

I saw the post, I was just wondering if I had to have an active subscription to obtain the update.

I saw the post, I was just wondering if I had to have an active subscription to obtain the update.
You just have to be registered. The updates are for MyFord Touch (MFT) and they are free. Don't confuse it with SIRIUS/XM.

Peter

Hi, joe_c,

Congrats on your new-to-you Explorer!

If the site is telling you v3.5.1 is the latest software, there may be other components that need to be updated on your vehicle before v3.6.2 can be installed. If you'd like, I can see if this is the case. Shoot me a private message with your VIN and the email address you used to register your SYNC account. You do not need an active SiriusXM or SYNC Services subscription to get updates.

Rebecca

Rebecca, thanks for taking care of this. I will let you know when I receive the USB and how the upgrade goes.

Hi, my account is also saying that I am up to date with version 3.5.1. It wouldn't bother me, but today mine started acting up - crashing and doing several "system maintenance". (I've a 2011)

Hi, my account is also saying that I am up to date with version 3.5.1. It wouldn't bother me, but today mine started acting up - crashing and doing several "system maintenance". (I've a 2011)

Hi, Lucille,

I checked your VIN and I can send you a preloaded USB with version 3.6.2 on it. Please send me a private message with your mailing address so I can make sure our records are correct and then I'll have it shipped out. Please be aware that it may be 3-4 weeks before you receive the USB. Your dealership is also able to perform the update, so if you choose to have them do it, just let me know.

Rebecca

Hi, Lucille,

I checked your VIN and I can send you a preloaded USB with version 3.6.2 on it. Please send me a private message with your mailing address so I can make sure our records are correct and then I'll have it shipped out. Please be aware that it may be 3-4 weeks before you receive the USB. Your dealership is also able to preform the update, so if you choose to have them do it, just let me know.

Rebecca

Thank you, Rebecca. I just sent you a PM.

Rebecca, thanks once again. I received the USB yesterday and updated it during my drive in this morning. I haven't had much time to mess with it, but right off the bat, it feels way more responsive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2014 Sync update

Rebecca
Any word on the latest update? When will it be out and what types of things should we be seeing?

Back