• Register Today It's free!

IPASS placement?

mattfahey

Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
Does anybody know if placing an IPASS / EZ-PASS behind the rear view mirror on a 2011 Explorer with Navigation interferes with anything? I haven't mounted it yet since we got the car last week, and after searching here, haven't found anything.

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine is behind the rear view mirror and to the right of center. I simply followed the installation instructions, and it has been fine. I have a 2013 with Nav, but I doubt that anything has changed.

That's where mine is. All works fine. Spray painted flat black. It dissappears from sight.

Just had this issues with my Fl Sun pass had to move it to passanger side of rear view mirror. When I had it on the driver side of mirror my Ex kept getting charged as if I did not have sunpass. They tested my pass and told me to change to passanger side it may interfear with radio signals that come from vehicle

Ipad

Yep mine is to the right and slightly below the mirror and never a problem.

Does anybody know if placing an IPASS / EZ-PASS behind the rear view mirror on a 2011 Explorer with Navigation interferes with anything? I haven't mounted it yet since we got the car last week, and after searching here, haven't found anything.

Thanks in advance!
I believe the only sensor on the back of the mirror is the one for the auto dimming and it is on the driver's side.

Peter

Mine is on the left side of the rear view mirror, no issues.

Mine has the nav and it's fine also.

Sounds like the passenger side is the safer side. Thanks for all the quick responses!

I was directed by IL iPass to place mine on the far Left side on the Pass side.
It was only picking one 1 of every 5 or so open tolls.

I mounted it up a finger away from the headliner and A pillar.
Works fine.

Back