• Register Today It's free!

Super Charger ideas?

ExploderXLT00

Reaction score
City, State
Rockland County
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
I was wondering if any one knows of a POWERFUL supercharger besides the explorer express one? I need it to fit the V8 5.0L XLT. Please feel free to contact me at combat187@hotmail.com or post a reply here. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What's wrong with the Explorer express one? Add an intercooler and a better pulley and there's your power.

Explorer Express advertises 82 hp gain with their blower. I made 117 more hp with the powerdyne kit. Do the math.

Troll??

yo are you talkin about the part from www.protechauto.com/perf ????
650 bucks and you're tellin me i can get all that power? I hope im understanding this deal correctly...get back to me..thanks

I think the $650 is to install the kit not the kit itself. There is no way a supercharger is going to cost $650.

troll, do u know if the 00 and 01 x can be supercharged? the powerdyne website only has up to 99, but can i assume that the 99-01 models are identical?

exploder, if you look carefully,, on the protechauto website, on the top right, it says labor cost. so im assuming itz 650 for them to install the charger for you

the explorer express one is gone. they aint gonna sell it anymore, either. its made by Eaton, and Eaton isnt gonna make the kit for the 5.0 X anymore (do to low sales, maybe?). just go with the powerdyne. the extra top end will more than make up for the good low end of the Eaton. slap on a 8-10lb. pulley, 36lb injectors, T-rex pump, and piss off a lot of people.
"What was that? i just got beat by an explorer!"

Keep an eye out for a pre-owned roots style. Maybe check some Mustang sites. I got a 3rd generation Eaton M90 for less than $300. Will need some mods to adapt to manifold to not interfere with fuel rails, but just a thought.

i'll tell you whats wrong with the Explorer Express one, man I wish I could change to size 100 font,

EXPLORER EXPRESS IS SO RIDICULOUSLY OVER PRICED THAT ITS COMPLETELY POINTLESS TO BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!!! EVERYTHING THEY SELL IS A COMPLETE JOKE AT THOSE PRICES!! **with a few exceptions**

I'm thinking instead of supercharging my 2k Limited v8, I may just install a 347 stoker kit, which can produce up to 500 naturally aspirated horsepower. Now do I need 500 F\/cl<ing horsepower in an Explorer? Of course not, but considering around $2500 for a 347 stroker kit, as opposed to at least $3000 for a supercharger, which only adds 80-90 hp anyway, I'd say the stroker is the way to go. 500 hp with no blower, turbo, or nitrous, is just plain awesome.

good idea. dont forget about the extras, though. monster injectors, fuel pump, MAS, throttle body, etc.

Found the charger that troll was talkin about....What kinda times you runnin' troll? I can't wait to get this charger and the other extras im lookin around at so i can blow away mi amigos camaro:hammer: Thanks for the replies, and i have to agree w/ the Explorer Express 100 point font comment :D absolutely, REDICULOUSLY PRICED...

Ok, so I'm bringing back a thread from the dead. Where can you find the T-Rex fuel pump?

That was with the ten pound pully that only made 8 psi.

Back