2013 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct 25th-27th | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct 25th-27th

Yes, I live in Vegas but I grew up heading up thru Ramona, hang a left at Santa Ysabel, take that a ways, hang the right on that Sxx whatever highway number it is that cuts back over to scissors crossing, at the T hang a left and head thru the corners, and then follow 78 past Ocotillo Wells till it hits the highway way out there. Hang the left there and follow it to north marina drive. LOL sorry, my directions suck, it's been a long time but I grew up riding in a motorhome out to the desert with a dune buggy in tow going that way.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've went that way before. At 60 ft long not looking forward to the drive regardless. Hope hanging with some explorers makes up for it. Lol. Both times I went to truck haven I just sat and watched. Thanks

How do those secure to the vehicle and they're pretty weather/element resistant? I'm thinking about a set for my exploder and a set for the race truck actually as well. Don't need rock lights but for night time repairs, more light never hurts... Right now, we have a flashlight. LOL

I wired in 5 more LED pucks this afternoon.

Here is the thread I made for it.. I still need to put some up front and then add some extras that I have here to light up the front suspension etc.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3202436

Just a teaser shot..
9794625246_078340061a_z.jpg

IMG_0583 by maniak_az, on Flickr

~Mark

Don't make Char2 come out!

..I know I'm not the only bringing food for the potluck..

C'mon guys, post up some food...:D

Black Peppercorn Marinated Tri-Tip!

Yummy!

:salute:

I'm still working on it.. If I can swing it, there will be Tamales.. I'm checking with family members to see who has any left from Last years batch.. We are all out..

Even if I can't, it will be a main dish type thing that I bring. I guess I could post that in the other thread.. (main dish) :)

~Mark

LOL, I hate to say it but as a single dude, I typically cheat and just fill my cooler with subway.

..Subway works all the time but there are stores and you can participate in the festivities..No need to be. "that guy over there"...:p:

..Plus there will usually be a drive-in movie at the potluck...:D

Tom's coming..:bounce:

Okay, so do you want doritos or ruffles? LOL, in other words, what premade crap is wanted cause it's been about 4 years since I stepped foot in one of those stores where you buy that stuff to make stuff. I went 4 years in Az where I ate out about 2 times a month. Now I live in Vegas and I'm making up for those 4 years in Az.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of the pot luck deals, maybe it's the single guy solo mentality but I like showing up with what I need for myself. I understand the appeal of it but yeah, I'm the dude that if forced to for whatever reason shows up with the bag of chips I picked up on the way to the function. I'd rather pay to eat then donate food in order to eat others food. Hence the subway comment. LOL

There's not a robertos down at the end of North Marina Dr yet is there? If so, I'll go order up a bunch of carne asada burritos and cut them into 1/4's to put on a super sweet party tray! LOL

Okay, so do you want doritos or ruffles? LOL, in other words, what premade crap is wanted cause it's been about 4 years since I stepped foot in one of those stores where you buy that stuff to make stuff. I went 4 years in Az where I ate out about 2 times a month. Now I live in Vegas and I'm making up for those 4 years in Az.

Ahh.. The joys of being a "local" in Vegas.. You find where to get coupons for Buffets and eat a lot for cheap.. Now you only have to eat once a day..

That's how I got through my later high school days..... I used to find the $5 "lunch" buffet coupons for the stardust (yes, I'm that old) and would get there at 3:00 pm, eat for 1 hour, then they would switch to dinner food and I would eat for another 1 hour.. and that was my only meal for the day.. That worked well for my later high school days.

~Mark

..Whatever is on sale works with this crowd..:biggthump

..Single here too but think of this as better than a Las Vegas buffet, with a movie, and night wheeling all at the same time...:D

..Be sure to add your chips in that other thread before someone beats you to it..;)

I'm the dude that if forced to for whatever reason shows up with the bag of chips I picked up on the way to the function.

This is a 4x4 run, not a sewing circle;) We don't need gourmet, although some folks have brought some first rate stuff :thumbsup:

It's all good for our potluck. You certainly won't be the first, or last to bring bagged munchies :D

Where's Dannyboy? I know he's in Vegas now...so he can make it. It would be nice to see his face:thumbsup:

Last I heard his expo was still in Wisconsin or something and he was trying to get it out here to Vegas.

If we provide our own meat a drinks I'm good. I don't eat anything but meat and drinks in the desert. LOL

Wrong thread.

I know, I'm still in the maybe column..

Stupid rear ending of the prius is costing me my gas money until I get it back.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

..I bring my own food too...:biggthump

.:shifty_ey ...and whatever Char and Char2 want me to bring for the potluck..:D

Back