3rd gen pic's | Page 246 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

so i had some spare time at work today and after seeing all the flags mounted on the explorers i though i would make one for my self for when i go driving on the beach :)
1083_zpsf6988453.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anybody know where i can get the clear turns with the black housing? I'v looked online and cant find them. Even tried ebay but all auctions i'v found are old.

Anybody know where i can get the clear turns with the black housing? I'v looked online and cant find them. Even tried ebay but all auctions i'v found are old.

I too couldn't come across just corners that were smoked out, but I did find a headlight/corner combo set that was smoked. If you plan on doing both (I presume you will), then perhaps this will be right up your alley?

Smoked Headlights and Corner Turn Signals

$T2eC16J,!zgFIc8FdEwHBSLy6NnlFQ~~60_3.JPG

There's also a quad set of heads, corners, and tails if you were interested.

$(KGrHqZ,!i4FBYzSew)HBQffQ(TYQg~~60_12.JPG

-Dubya

I blacked out my headlights and corners myself as they turned out great. $15 for paint and silicone and about 6 hours of time and the were done. There's a thread on how to do it somewhere in here.

CIMG1150.jpg

CIMG1143.jpg

CIMG1142.jpg

Here's a couple pics of the explorer. Built a new and stronger roof rack, getting ready to put a 2" body lift. Got new monroe struts all the way around. Hopefully here in the near future I will be getting some 285's to put on her.
DSCN0586.jpg
[/IMG]
DSCN0587.jpg
[/IMG]

Are those 15s or 16s?

What brian said. 15s will fit these trucks...

They will with enough of an offset and a little grinding of the caliper.

Ah...I tried it with the 15" teardrops one time, and it wouldnt....never checked to see what it would take though...

I'm having my ex repainted in late Feb when i have the money. I have paint peeling on the roof and some rust spots. $1500 same color or $1800 any other color. It's currently white with grey trim. Thinking about going all black. Any thoughts on color's? Not exactly sure what i wanna do.

fordexplorer-789253.jpg

If you do a color change, your door jams, and engine bay will still be white. Others wouldn't know, but it would bother the hell out of me.

Something to consider

Unsure if I've put the up before but here's mine away camping with my kids

43-47C95C35533D-30856-000014334A1996C5_zps8a0f0431.jpg

Fitted a new rack and pull out awning which has been great

51-68D86BAAA492-30856-000014335C8DA5FB_zps386ab130.jpg

I want to lift it, but then it won't fit in the shopping centre car park, which means the wife will most probably kill me

B58-640BAA1CEF70-3449-0000027588738E18_zpsec09a66b.jpg

The explorer with my new focus in the background

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rollin' on 35's boys!
9A09-1BCCFB7979CB-712-000000C63BF7F7F6_zpsae9a7541.jpg

Back