Beautiful 1998 2nd Gen Ford Explorer for sale with reg plate F8RD X | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Beautiful 1998 2nd Gen Ford Explorer for sale with reg plate F8RD X

fcat

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 5.0 V8 Limited
awvvjc.jpg

im2l9x.jpg

3508odu.jpg

Click the link below for 74 more high res pictures here, once the link opens click the pictures twice to see full size (warning the full res ones are big!),

http://s19.photobucket.com/user/simonwim/library/Ford%20Explorer

Ford Explorer 1998, 2nd Gen, private plate IS included F8 RDX (F8RD X) Pictures below taken 3rd June 2013.

This is probably one of, if not THE cleanest and nicest explorers around. Ive owned the car since August 2008 and the only reason im selling it is im emigrating to the USA in the next few months, otherwise it would not be for sale. No expense has been spared since ive owed the car, it was a demonstrator for Ford for 12 months and then owned by the same person till i bought it, so two main owners plus Ford. Never had a tow bar fitted and never been abused. The carpets, mats, boot carpet and boot mat are like new, have always had a heavy duty plastic load mat fitted.

Just under 87,000 miles (had 52,000 when i got it 6 years ago), there isn't a single thing wrong with the vehicle. All the mechanics and electrics work as they should as does the self leveling suspension.
All the safety recall items from 1998 have been done with paperwork to prove

Has 10 months MOT and 3 months tax

Below is what Ive done to it since owning:
Lower ball joints replaced.
5/2/2009 OOM12 kit done, (Inlet manifold gasket and o rings replaced plus oil restrictor and pressure unit)
14/2/2009 Blower resistor replaced
3/3/2010 Interior lights changed to LED's
29/10/2009 Full custom made cat back stainless steel exhaust system with twin exit tailpipe and lifetime guarantee (receipt included)
13/3/2010 Four new General grabber tyres fitted.
22/6/2010 (73,202 miles) New front and rear timing chains done by Justin at Explorer parts in Newport.
22/6/2010 (73,202 miles) Reconditioned gearbox fitted by Justin at Explorer parts in Newport.
22/6/2010 six new spark plugs fitted while engine was out.
7/2/2012 Both upper front suspension arms/ball joints replaced with brand new heavy duty units from the USA
4/11/2011 Added hidden turn signals in mirrors (see pictures)
1st gen Explorer radio panel fitted so now has Ford Explorer digital clock.
EGR front bonnet bug/stone guard (not pictured on pictures but is now fitted)
Open door Floor lights fitted to bottom of front doors, (see pictures)
Two new front wheel hubs inc new wheel bearings, reconditioned brake calipers (powder coated red), new drilled and grooved brake discs, hoses, unions and greenstuff brake pads. (See pictures)
Rear calipers reconditioned with new seals and green stuff pads, rear cross axle copper brake pipe replaced
Rear handbrake shoes and springs (yes this is an explorer with a working handbrake!)
Oil and filter changed every 6 months, last change was 10th Jan 2013, car is running Mobil 1 fully synthetic.
Pioneer DEHP4100 CD/SD/USB radio unit

Comes with the following:
Handbook, service manual, owners guide, four wheeling guide, Ford Keyless entry code card, wheel lock key, tw remotes, two keys, all MOT's and tax discs for last 6 years, boot liner, leather, aircon cruise, etc

Bad points,
Couple of small surface scratches, not deep and not all the way through the paint.
Small chip/crack (approx 9mm) in passenger area of windscreen, had it filled by Auto Windscreens and it hasn't got any bigger since i got the car, no problems with MOT either.
1 very small ding on back rear passenger quarter, cant even see it unless caught in direct sunlight at a certain angle!
As can be seen by the pictures, the wheels have a couple of lacquer chips on them

There is nothing to do and nothing will need doing to this vehicle, it purs like a kitten, gear changes are flawless, all the high and low 4WD works as it should. its perfect.

To forum members i'm asking £2000.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Definitely sorry to see you go! We will miss you :D

If you decide to seek the reg. plate separately, I'd be grateful if you would let me make have first refusal? Aside from that, it's a great looking car which has obviously been well looked after - bet you're going to miss her!

All the best mate.

Definitely sorry to see you go! We will miss you :D

If you decide to seek the reg. plate separately, I'd be grateful if you would let me make have first refusal? Aside from that, it's a great looking car which has obviously been well looked after - bet you're going to miss her!

All the best mate.

Yeh i'm gutted to be honest, will certainly let you have first refusal if i split them

cheers

Ok the time has come, my Ex HAS to go, I'm moving to the US in the next couple of months, just had all my paperwork through and the Ex has to be sold.

Im open to offers otherwise its going to be sold to the local garage.

Cheers

That's one clean Ex. - sad to see her go to a Trader, hopefully someone here can buy her.

Bet you can't wait to get back home :D

Well ive had £1000 offered by a local trader today and am gonna have to take it unless anyone here beats that, shame to see it go but it has to

i was watchin a v8 ex on ebay and a £2800 north face, taken roughly 6 months to sell

v8 ex went for 2500 in the end from 3200 and the north face iv no idea, it was at a buy it now price of 2800

cheers, well mines gotta go so selling her for a grand tomorrow including the plate:(

She's up for £2K on eBay I see - be very surprised if she sells for anywhere close to that.

If I had had £1K spare I would have defo. bought yours.

How's the packing going? :D

She's up for £2K on eBay I see - be very surprised if she sells for anywhere close to that.

If I had had £1K spare I would have defo. bought yours.

How's the packing going? :D

I just picked up a 55 plate Saab 9-3 1.9Tid Vector sport 111k full history v good body work, 4 good continentals, half leather etc etc for £1000. Cd player not working and needed a new egr (£50) Bargain, Sorry i'm chasing mileage at the mo. Plus Insurance is only £250 and RFL is £140 for the year. Who cares if I look like a rep, I used to be one :D

Back