Ford Racing unveils 460ci small block | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Racing unveils 460ci small block

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/09/25/ford-racing-unleashes-its-biggest-small-block-ever/

Upgrading your street ride with a bigger, more powerful engine, is something every enthusiast has either done or dreamed of. For Ford fans, the new Ford Racing Z460 might just be the new holy grail.

It's not the most powerful engine in the world, nor is it the most insane. But it's still pretty badass.

The Z460 is the largest small block crate engine Ford Racinghas ever built, packing 460 cubic inches, or 7.5 liters into its 351-based block. According to the team behind it, it's streetable. And it puts out 575 horsepower and 575 pound-feet of torque. On pump gas. It even comes with a two-year/24,000-mile warranty.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I haven't seen a price (hoping <$2500) but it sure would make a nice upgrade to my Rangers 2.3L..:burnout:

$9300 is a good price for what I assume will be a reliable combo.

The Pumpkin would be dangerous with 575HP:eek: It would need MAJOR upgrades:eek:

It sure would climb some hills though :D

A 351 block is rather tall and wide - and our engine compartments are short and narrow.

You can get the engine to fit with a lot of customization.

I have a $14k parts list to build my 351W for my '69 Cougar. This is a much better choice and I can get a new block and still come under the $15k mark.

Still haven't decided which comes first: the Cougar gets a rebuilt engine (last part of an ongoing 15 yr restoration) or the Sport Trac gets the D60/70 treatment. Either way, about $15k is needed.:eek:

Not a bad dilemma to be in. I got the rear D70 with ARB and the front D 60 partially built now, just waiting for another ARB since they sent me the wrong one. Both shortened.

Back