• Register Today It's free!

M5OD-r4

YGJubal

Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Chevy Tahoe
This is a little odd, but I have 3 brand-new M5Od-r4 / M5r4 transmissions sitting around. They have 26-spline inputs, which seems uncommon. From what I can tell, they fit a 2002 Explorer with a rare dual-mass flywheel. Are they gold, or boat anchors?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This is a little odd, but I have 3 brand-new M5Od-r4 / M5r4 transmissions sitting around. They have 26-spline inputs, which seems uncommon. From what I can tell, they fit a 2002 Explorer with a rare dual-mass flywheel. Are they gold, or boat anchors?

They may be worth a few bucks but Idk about shipping from ak

I would say they're better than boat anchors since they are rare. Someone on here a while ago was having a lot of trouble finding parts for the 26 spline.

do you still have one of those transmissions left? i may be interested in buying one.

Yeah, we still have three. The shipping might be a couple hundred, but we could let the transmission itself go for $350. They appear to be new, not reman, and have a Ford number 1L24-BE on the tag.

So would that trans work with a 2002 4 door with the 4.0? I am planning on swapping to a manual eventually.

I believe so, but you could have a dealer cross-check the part number. I have not been able to find a clutch for this, though.

I know this is a long shot. Do you have any of these 5-speeds left for sale?

Back