Ordered/Bought 2014 Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ordered/Bought 2014 Ford Explorer

bobg1949

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 ford explorer xlt
We are considering a new Explorer, we actually ordered one but until I sign on the dotted line it isn't a done deal. A couple of questions I have, we are getting the 20" wheels, p255/50/20 AS, but it doesn't tell me which manufacture, does anyone know what brand these tires are? The other question, the 60/40 seat (leather options) does it have a center arm rest? We are pretty excited to receive our new Explorer. I expect this will be our last auto purchase as we are getting up there in age.

I am looking forward to reading the post on this site.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New X-Sport

Hi everyone,

Just signed up a new X Sport black on black with 401A pack and dual moonroof. Should pick it up by the end of the week. Will post pictures later.

I took a short test drive and was pretty impressed with the ride on our roads which are loaded with potholes.

I hope most issues I have read about (smell upon acceleration, A-pillar noise etc ...) have been remedied by now. In any event always very helpful to have access to such a forum. So thanks to all that have spent the time documenting their experience with their SUVs.

Look forward to chatting with you all.

Best,

Congrats on your upcoming new car! For the record, we haven't had any problems with ours in the year we have had it.

Hi everyone,

Just signed up a new X Sport black on black with 401A pack and dual moonroof. Should pick it up by the end of the week. Will post pictures later.

I took a short test drive and was pretty impressed with the ride on our roads which are loaded with potholes.

I hope most issues I have read about (smell upon acceleration, A-pillar noise etc ...) have been remedied by now. In any event always very helpful to have access to such a forum. So thanks to all that have spent the time documenting their experience with their SUVs.

Best,
Welcome to the Forum marin77.:wavey:
Congratulations on your new soon to arrive Sport. I hope you will be as happy with it as I have been with my 2011. Happy motoring.:thumbsup:

Peter

Hi everyone,

Best,

I went from a '12 Limited to a '14 Sport and a number of the issues that were present on my older model have been remedied on the new one. Some minor design changes also seem to have been implemented based on what I would assume to be customer feedback.

Thanks guys - I really look forward to driving it - unfortunately, after some mis-communication with Ford Manhattan, I had to go back today and order the car - hence 6 to 8 weeks wait time - will be same specs but won't be this Friday after all.

Thanks TF on feedback re 2014 Sport.

Welcome to the forum.:chug:

I moved your thread into our Stock 2011+ subforum.

My 20" rims came with Hankooks. We have a XLT and their is no armrest on ours with the leather seats, but I noticed the limited does have the arm rest. I mentioned this to my dealer and he said he actually never noticed that. Lol. I was hoping they all came with it.

OEM all season tires are Hankook Optimo.

My old Limited had a center armrest on the 2nd row bench, but I don't believe the XLT or base model have an arm rest.

If you are planning on this being your possibly last vehicle, and are serious, I'd get the biggest longest Extended Warrantee I could get ! Period....The Explorer would not be on my Buckett List for sure.....best regards Plum

My preference would not be 20 inch wheels. I traded a 2010 Taurus limited with 19 inch wheels, one of the reasons it road like a truck. I would have considered an Explorer limited but it had 20 inch wheels. I bought an XLT with 18 inch wheels. It rides good.

My preference would not be 20 inch wheels. I traded a 2010 Taurus limited with 19 inch wheels, one of the reasons it road like a truck. I would have considered an Explorer limited but it had 20 inch wheels. I bought an XLT with 18 inch wheels. It rides good.

I absolutely love the 20's. I wouldn't have it any other way..

not sure if you meant rest or if u really meant reset. if you meant rest, then there is a pull out cup holder (the middle seat) that can be used as an arm rest

My XLT doesn't have one.

I have the 20" wheels on my Limited and wished that 17"'s were an option that could be ordered instead. I run 17" wheels with Winter tires in the Winter. Rides a little better and the rubber is quite a bit less expensive as well. A 17" tire also allows for more manufacturer choices.

Peter

Latest is that production is slated for mid Nov and I should get the car on or around December 3rd ... thanks again to Crystal for the updates!

Latest is that production is slated for mid Nov and I should get the car on or around December 3rd ... thanks again to Crystal for the updates!

I ordered the same vehicle as you and thats the same time line I have been told too. Maybe end of November delivery depending on where its shipped too.

Hopefully our build date is after Job2 starts so we catch all the positive changes.

Ordered black Sport today with only tow package. Dealer told me 8 to 12 weeks. Is that about right?

Ordered black Sport today with only tow package. Dealer told me 8 to 12 weeks. Is that about right?
Congratulations on ordering a new Sport. 12 weeks seems a little long going by a few of the above posts. I'm guessing around 8 - 10 weeks but it looks like some are scheduled to arrive in approximately 8 weeks. You can send a PM (private message) to Crystal (FordService) who is one of the Ford reps on this forum. Supply her with your info, dealer name and order number if you have it and she will be able to track it for you. You can use this link to send her a message;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=157968

Good luck.:thumbsup:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Sgt,

Not sure what Job2 is but I sure hope we benefit from latest fixes.
Hope we get ours on schedule.

Walterhudson
Looks like 8 weeks is more typical than 12. What is your order priority listed as?

Back