• Register Today It's free!

Solution for faded Pillars

Dragon22re

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2009 Ford Explorer Ld
Hello Everyone. I have used this forum alot, but have just recently decided to create an account. I have a 2003 Ford Explorer and I have learned a lot from this forum. Like many of you I have noticed that my pillars on the side of my truck are faded and just look plain ugly.
SAM_4378_zpsfecaf236.jpg

Since I didn't want to paint my side pillars I started looking for an alternative and found a solution. A company by the name of Carbon Covers, whom can be found on Ebay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Explor...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4ac1c0b48f), have covers that just stick onto pillars. The install only takes about 20 minutes and is well worth it. I have taken some pictues of the product and some before and after shots of my truck.
SAM_4407_zps7ca8ee6f.jpg

They come with a protective cover on the front and adhesive side on the back.
SAM_4421_zps43782d87.jpg

SAM_4368_zps6391ea90.jpg

SAM_4388_zps6b5c667b.jpg

SAM_4383_zps3f75ecf4.jpg

SAM_4390_zpsd89640b8.jpg

The kit even come with a piece that covers the rubber between the window in the rear of the truck.
SAM_4379_zpsd592d0a7.jpg

SAM_4393_zpsa89a4f19.jpg

SAM_4391_zps7949d541.jpg

Overall, I am very satisfied with the product and they are backed with great customer support. This product is a whole lot easier that taking out the pillar covers and painting them. I hope that others will find this product very useful in restoring the look of their explorers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also took the advice from this forum and wrapped my rear pillars in vinyl.
SAM_4376_zpsf2f2cb14.jpg

Mine did the same thing. I just Plasti-Dipped them. Only $6 for a can.

1237075_708624349151806_200896782_n.jpg

Thanks BlkSquad. I must say that it really improved the overall look of the explorer. WA7S0N i must say that i like the clear side marker lights on your truck.

Thanks BlkSquad. I must say that it really improved the overall look of the explorer. WA7S0N i must say that i like the clear side marker lights on your truck.

Thanks man. I ordered them off eBay a few years back. I want to say I paid around $20 for the set.

There is also (I'm unaware of the name) "back to black" or some crap, that you rub over your rubber trim, and makes it look new again. Fyi

Covers look great, thanks for sharing.

I think I got lucky buying a garaged one, does not look weathered hardly at all so far. I'll have to get a set of these for when they start.

Back