Help Please! not covered Power Lock Issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help Please! not covered Power Lock Issue

Fatty explorer

Reaction score
City, State
Everett, wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer XLT 5.0
so heres the issue, i have a 93 Ex limited it has power locks and a fob
the fob works and the driver and pass lock unlock works on the doors. only issue is that all three only unlock and lock the Drivers door.

ive checked the PK/Y wires in the back seat.
ive checked the actuators in the doors
i have power in in all doors
ive checked the door accordion boot from door to body
checked all fuses and relays

again the FOB works and the drivers and pass lock unlock works but it only locks and unlocks the drivers door

please help
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check for power to the actuators themselves. If there is no power to them, use a wiring diagram to trace the circuit. Most common wiring failure point will be in the drivers side door at the main switch array.

not sure if i was clear and i get what you are saying to do but my drivers and passengers door lock unlock switch works but only locks /unlocks the drivers door. and the key fob does the exact same thing

Mine locks and unlocks just fine. But makes a lot of noise like it is continuing to run while unlocking.

Any thoughts?

MT

well the relay is what tells the the system how long to open or close a circuit so i would start there, around $5 each believe.

Back