Help!! Inspection time.

MidnightRebel07

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
My Sport Trac is due for inspection and my driver side mirror has been shattered for a couple years now (just the glass). I've got through inspection last year on the promise that I would replace the mirror, well time flew by and I need to replace it to pass this year.

My question is: Will a power driver side mirror from a 2001-2003 Explorer Sport or a 2002-2005 Explorer work on my 2003 Explorer Sport Trac (no yards close to me has any ST's but hundreds of Ex's and Sport's). I already know that the mirror from a 2nd Gen Ex won't work. I tried looking but couldn't find an answer.

I can get a power mirror from the local yard for $25. I need to replace the entire mirror/ housing because the housing on mine is also cracked bad from kissing tree's and rock's on the trail's.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks in advance!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you can buy a new unit from Rock Auto for $25 also and it will be an exact fit.

Thanks man, I'll have to go that route, the mirrors from the 01-03 Ex Sport are different.

I got my set off a second gen. Bolts right on.

Jerry,
I have a driver's side mirror glass only that you can have for just the cost of shipping if you want to go that route. (I put signal mirrors on the green Trac I had that got totaled, & saved the original glass)

jon99explorer: Thanks man but I already have the glass from a 2nd Gen, would need to figure out how to change out the glass piece without braking the wire clips.

05dakotatrac: How did you get the 2nd Gen mirrors to fit the ST, they have different shaped mounting plates. Did you cut the plate down to the ST plate shape and length? I need picture's !!!!

Honestly jerry they are a direct bolt in. mine came off a 96 Eddie Bauer 3 bolts match the panel

I know the bolts line up but the mounting plate is about two-three inches taller then the ST mounting plate. Can you post pictures of the mirrors on your Trac?

You can edit your number out I got it I will send them shortly
20131031_201527_zps4daaaf7b.jpg

20131031_201517_zpsb418d48a.jpg

Thanks man. Sorry to be pain, Trying to squeak my truck past inspection this year. LOL

20131031_201445_zps58038d42.jpg

20131031_201453_zps2c47c251.jpg

20131031_201459_zps9318097f.jpg

I understand no worries jerry I got your back man. Yeh my wiring is four wires I can't easily pull the door to give colors to you but you got two positives for the motors a common ground and a switched source for the puddle lamp hope this helps man if you need anything else just text call or catch me here

Back