Mudfling 2013 gwnf run

unclemeat

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
OK it is official. So I will start this thread. I have spoken to Fishfood and the weekend of November 1 through 3, 2013 is set.

As usual, local wheeling at Fishfoods and a run to the GWNF. Stoney Run or Peavine Mountian are the most likely destinations. I favor Stoney Run because it is my favorite trail (rocks and then mud).

We should beat the hunting season this year.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...I'm gonna miss another one! Have exams the following week, damn!

I'm in but won't be wheeling, ill be driving the ranger up. Probably bring my bike but don't think ill be riding it to gwnf or anywhere like that.

Not much activity here. I still in.

oh yeah a new thread

I didn't know there was a new thread out there for this.....

I was beginning to think it was going to be a no show......

just drove through BRP and both Stoney and Peavine gates were open on that end.

my neighbor has been busy clearing trails and digging pits down on the riverside trails for us. I had a couple campsites cleared/raked on the other side of the road before tractor broke.

if anyone wants to arrive early on Friday, I want to modify one of the obstacles /climbs and I could use some help running a tiller to create Rut roh. hill.

I don't know about the fireworks..... depends on how many are showing up..... I don't know about food either contemplating Brunswick stew??? for saturday

John I assume you are taking possession of the Guest room I will get tools out before you get there.

others I assume are tenting it or doing floor space in the basement.

Again I'm probably going to miss this:(work is crazy right now and my slave is acting up in my ranger.

Really could use getting away for a bit though! !

Update

Jd if you make it and bring your bike we can do some of the back roads up my way.... my bike is too big for any of the off road trails that we do in the exs.

right now bike is not starting but I think once I drain the carb and mix in some blue stuff and fresh gas that she will start right up. Now my explorer is actin like a little ***** but I plan on having it resolved prior to you guys getting there.

I now have to work on Friday but should be able to get up there by late afternoon. I will open the gates so you can come in and set up camp etc before I get there.

I have made arrangement for my neighbor to take you down and show you the new holes and trails along the river. It only makes sense since he has put in the effort to clear/dig the trails that he should be the one taking you through/on the virgin passages.

don't expect that I will have "rut roh" done in time for us since my real job is making things difficult these days. I will have it ready for the next trips.

I also have an extra 12k winch on a receiver mount that anyone that has a 2 inch receiver can use.

I will be serving up Brunswick stew , munchies etc for Saturday night.....

Due to low turnout and low funds, I will probably cancel on the fireworks.

has anyone decide on what national forest ride that we will do..... or is that just a Friday night campfire discussion?

I understand that Will and Brandon are also. Planning to make it although I have not seen their posts.... I have spoken to them in passing. if you have any questions you can reach me on cell.

We are in for both nights. I am trying to not work on Friday. I'll see how that goes.

I have my Ranger back, so it looks like I will be bringing it.

Unless I can get my X ready. I am supposed to get the front end worked on Tuesday or Wednesday. I still have to get it inspected and the front end aliened.

see you friday

my week has gone to ****...... I have a problem child client who may or may not need me at meetings this week. Looks like I have meetings Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday or I may not have any at all except Friday.
nothing like having a definitive schedule.

meat, I may need to send you up with keys....I can turn off alarm remotely...I should be able to get there by 4ish.

probably wont be serving stew...... looks like I f$^^%^ up the recipe and over spiced it...... way too hot...... or maybe it is just my system..... in any event I am probably not serving it..... will probably just do burgers dogs and munchies instead...... also no fireworks either.

I hate that I keep missing these trips. It sounds like the trails at fishfoods are really coming along. Unfortunately I haven't had an open weekend since mid September and wont until Thanksgiving.

The weather man seems to be with us on these trips. The last 4 trips we have had rain. But rain is good. It makes the trails more challenging.

If it is wet, then Peavine is a great trail. Same with Stony Run, rain makes it better.

Anybody else have an opinion on which trail to run?

trails

I am good with whatever trip you pick meat.... you stepped in it so you are official trip leader. I liked that we departed early last time..... we should try and do that again.

also my wife is cooking beef stew and homemade cookies for the two nights

I really ####ed up the brunswick stew so now I have 7 quarts of fire breathing, innard eating, sweat generating stew for souls who really like it spicy. I think I will leave it in Richmond.

Peavine is a little easier, Stoney Run has some mud. Anybody else have an opinion?

I did Potts this past weekend and for our rigs it's a no go there

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm up for some mud, didn't we do pea vine last trip?

Back