Mudfling 2013 gwnf run | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mudfling 2013 gwnf run

update

yeah we did peavine last time.....

don't think I ever heard of potts... is that potts creek......

if someone gets up there on Friday afternoon then I would like to get a ride down the road to the shop...... my ex is in the shop and they close by 5pm. if no one is there I will just go down and pay for it so we can pick it up whenever.

if people get there earlier, the gates will only look locked so go ahead and set up. no playing on my stuff until I get there..... if someone is there really early I can call neighbor to show you the riverside stuff..... but I would just as soon you wait for me.... I should be there by 3pm.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm trying to take off work so I may be there just after lunch
It's Potts mountain jeep trail over by covington

I am fine with Peavine. I believe thath it is a litttle closer to Fishfoods place than Stoney Run.

Spike (Fishfood) and I were talking about trying to get an early start. Then we can come back to Fishfoods and play on his trails.

I tested the Brunswick stew last night. It was fairly hot, but not overwhelming. I did add a little black peper. Otherwise it was mighty tasty. Side note, I eat a lot of hot stuff often.

3:00 looks like our arrarival time as well.

where is peavine?

I only found peavine by dumb luck last time..... did anyone else remember to save the coordinates at the trailhead? I screwed up my gps and lost our whole trip.

going up this morning for the day to clean up basement etc so every one has places to throw out a cot..... grab a futon etc.

the futons are standard bed sizes when opened but I don't have sheets for that size bed. They are leather so you will probably be more comfy if you bring some sort of blanket to go under you.

I call a couch!!!

probably last post for me

I have a business meeting from 11:30 till 1. I should get there 3 ish..... no trails without me..... one gate on each side of the ridge is open.

we just spent a ton of money putting fresh gravel on all the community roads..... they are still a bit soft....try not to sling gravel everywhere on the way up to my place.

I still have a ton of stuff to do to get ready when I get there. besides cleanup, I need to put up Halloween decorations

we can actually party in the back now that we have a new patio thanks to wills help.

"Rut roh" got dug in today. Tonight's storms should get it nice and slickery (yeah I know its not a word). I want to be the first up it on Saturday. nothing special... just a slow mud climb

I have the guy showing us his new riverside trails when we get back from the Forest on Saturday afternoon.

Peggy is bringing lots of beef stew, bread, munchies and Halloween candy

The house site is going to be muddy from the storm. I am going to leave the basement level open to muddy boots etc, but going to have to ask not to where boots on upper two levels. If you guys have crocs or sandals that are easy to kick on and off that will be helpful.

Meat, so how was the stew on the second day????? was my stomach just sensitive from the hernias? should I bring some to share? I have plenty.

JD, the bike is running and waiting for you. I will have to rap my intestines in duct tape before we ride, but I have some nice rides lined up

will, if you are sleeping solo you can have living room sofa... saving futons for dual sleepers.....

Sounds good to me should I bring my bike I'm pretty sure xeek and jd are bailing...
Promise not to wreck lol

Sounds good to me should I bring my bike I'm pretty sure xeek and jd are bailing...
Promise not to wreck lol

Yea I'm out for sure.don't wanna risk my trans and I'm slammed at work thanks to some morons! !:( think freddy is still going last I heard but don't think the ex is making it.

Yea I'm out for sure.don't wanna risk my trans and I'm slammed at work thanks to some morons! !:( think freddy is still going last I heard but don't think the ex is making it.

Just texted him, definitely a no go

yea im out. i have so much to get done on all the my trucks. plus my boss gets a paid vacation to SC for training so now im working 7 days a week all during daylight hours so i wont have time to do anything anymore. its OT, but it sucks :(

You should bring some of the Brunswick stew. It is not for the faint of heart. But, I thought it was just about right for my taste.

I am going into the office for an hour or two (ha ha), but I am still planning to leave around noon. That usually means around 1. I am shooting to get there around 3.

I guess Peavine is our trail. I am thinking up and back. Early works since JD is out. I would like to get on the road by 9 AM if James can get there that early.

bike

will,

I wouldn't go to any trouble to bring the bike..... with the Gwnf trail and the playing on my property we probably wont have much time for a bike ride anyway...this way you can avoid messing with the trailer.....

I was offering up the bike ride for jds sake.... you have already seen (and felt) a lot of the area roads.

Spike, I seem to have lost my directions to your place. Could you provide a Lat/Long coordinate or a good address?

Thanks!

Think they all me be on the road.this is what I have saved tho;)get you close or to his neighborhood:salute:
Fish Pond Rd
125 Riverbreeze Ct, Howardsville, VA 24562
http://goo.gl/maps/zqz5t

that works, thanks jd!

No problem man.hope you all have fun and be safe...aww hell what am I saying, I know it will be fun!!!! Dang it I gota start going again!!:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Once again thanks to Stacey and Peggy.

A good time was had by all.

Wil tell me one more time the name of the off road park in Fredericksburg.

Back