Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Winter Tire and Wheel Recommendations

Here are some pics of the refinished rims as well as with the tires installed on my Explorer Sport. I hate to post pictures of my ride all dirty but what the heck thats how it will look for the majority of winter.

photo1_zpsf8ed0aa3.jpg

photo2_zpsed01ef0a.jpg

photo3_zpse6cf976c.jpg

photo4_zpsf80a34b4.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here are some pics of the refinished rims as well as with the tires installed on my Explorer Sport. I hate to post pictures of my ride all dirty but what the heck thats how it will look for the majority of winter.

photo1_zpsf8ed0aa3.jpg

photo2_zpsed01ef0a.jpg

photo3_zpse6cf976c.jpg

photo4_zpsf80a34b4.jpg

Creative!

Nice job...keep that snow in the Wildrose Province though...still have the SHELBY on the road here in Toronto, hopefully no snow for another month...:D

Just ordered the 18 inch interceptor rims [MENTION=143001]84[/MENTION].00 each and slapped some hakka R2 SUV
on them and got the alloy center caps on ebay for 9 bucks each ( ford wanted 94.00 ) will install in a week or so.

Just ordered the 18 inch interceptor rims [MENTION=143001]84[/MENTION].00 each and slapped some hakka R2 SUV
on them and got the alloy center caps on ebay for 9 bucks each ( ford wanted 94.00 ) will install in a week or so.
Did you get the rims through the dealer or elsewhere? The $94 dealer price was that for 4 center caps?

Peter

The dealer wanted 94 per cap. the interceptor rims (18" 5 spoke interceptor) are 84 each from the dealer.
They wanted 159.00 for 20 collared nuts . I paid 19.00 on ebay . Pays to shop cheers

How did you get those wheels for so cheap.....most Police Agency's are freaking out about how costly those rims are.

I saw $300+ per wheel....

I would be interested in a part number when you get them.

The dealer wanted 94 per cap. the interceptor rims (18" 5 spoke interceptor) are 84 each from the dealer.
They wanted 159.00 for 20 collared nuts . I paid 19.00 on ebay . Pays to shop cheers
My 17" steelies were $99 each from the dealer and the lugnuts to hold the wheel covers on them were about $12.50 ea ($250).

Peter

They're not alloy, they're just plastic...

I Googled that part number and its the right wheel but prices range $200-$300 each.

Your getting a great deal.

I Googled that part number and its the right wheel but prices range $200-$300 each.

Your getting a great deal.

I checked with my Ford dealer in Ottawa, and he gave me $99.00 cnd list
for the part # DG1Z 1015 A

Brian

Brian
That is what I paid for the 17" steelies for my Limited. When I mentioned that in a post, a member, I believe from Florida, mentioned that down there they were around $300 each. Looks like we get the better of this one, for a change.

Peter

Brian

Buy them fast, your getting an unreal deal.......does he ship to the West Coast?

Buy them fast, your getting an unreal deal.......does he ship to the West Coast?
I have a feeling the prices you saw were U.S. prices. They seem to be about 3 times our cost as I posted above.

Peter

There is no way a truck/car part is cheaper in Canuckastan then the US.

I went into Coastal Ford in Burnaby, BC and was quoted (on a invoice type printout) CDN$71.96 ea ($287.84 for 4) for DG1Z*1015*A.
No plastic center caps quoted.
TPMS - Kit: $43.15 ea ($172.60 for 4)
Very, very competitive on a variety of snow tires.

South Surrey Ford dealer "pencil'ed" $340 for same 18" steelies.

Richport Ford got it all wrong - quoted 17" wheels and tires plus pricing was nowhere near Coastal. I guess I was bothering the parts guy as he wasn't interested in looking into 17" vs. 18" for Sport...
IE: BB5Z*1015*A 17" wheel $99.95 ea!

I'd turn off your computer and head out to Coastal on Lougheed!

My guess is the Canadian dealers bought enough 18'"interceptor rims to satisfy the Ex Sport needs for winter tires and prices will go up in December when most winter tires have been sold.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is now. Not sure why the U.S. price is 3 times what we pay but that has now been shown in 2 instances for the wheels.

Peter

Back