How can I disable Sync from saying "Call Ended?" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How can I disable Sync from saying "Call Ended?"

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Morning to all -

I updated the MFT software in my 2013 Explorer XLT to the latest version, v3.6.2, one week ago. Happy to say, no major issues so far, but one "annoyance."

With this version, I notice that in addition to the on-screen "Call Ended" prompt when a phone call ends, the Sync voice also says "Call Ended," about 90% of the time for me. About the other 10% of the time, the on screen "Call Ended" prompt is displayed without being accompanied by the Sync voice stating the same (which is how I prefer it, and how it operated 100% of the time for me when I was on version 3.5.1). I have not figured out the pattern of when it says it, or when it doesn't, though I am happy to say that when it does say it the call has actually ended (which at least is good). But again, the vast majority of time (~90%), the Sync voice does say "Call Ended." It is possible that the Sync voice does not say it when I am within the Entertainment screens, but that is just a theory that I need to continue to test.

I went into the MFT Settings for Voice, and changed the first setting from Novice to Advanced, but that has had no impact to this particular issue. All of the other Voice settings are set to Off (they've been this way; I didn't change them).

If it matters, my phone is an iPhone 4S running iOS 6.1.3, which is the same phone and iOS version I was using before I upgraded the MFT to 3.6.2. (I realize there's a later iOS version, but believe in changing only one variable at a time).

Has anyone noticed this behavior? I'm trying to determine if this is the "new normal" or if I have an anomaly. And, any guess, or is there a way, on how to disable the speaking "Call Ended." I make a ton of calls, and am finding this new behavior quite annoying.

Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im running MFT v3.6.2 and iPhone5 v7.0.3

I have never had a voice prompt "Call Ended" only the GUI on the screen.

Even with older MFT and iOS software.

Im running MFT v3.6.2 and iPhone5 v7.0.3

I have never had a voice prompt "Call Ended" only the GUI on the screen.

Even with older MFT and iOS software.

Thank you for the quick post. However, I was afraid of a reply such as this ...

One more thing that just occurred to me as I was just reviewing the Bluetooth Sync connection settings within my iPhone.

I have "Show Notifications" set to on, which allows me to receive text messages with MFT. Though, I had it this way when I was using the same phone before I upgraded the MFT software.

Do you have this set to on?

Thanks.

Yes I do as you have to in order to receive text messages through MFT

One suggestion is try a neg battery terminal disconnect for 15 minutes then try it.

Hey, BigPapisExplorer,

I've never heard of this before, either. Is there any way you can get it on video and send it to me?

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca -

I captured the behavior on video, and sent the link to the email address that you PM'd me. Thanks in advance.

I have this same issue about Sync telling me the call has ended. I hadn't noticed it before, but poses no big problem for me, yet. It doesn't do it all the time though.

I do now seem to have a problem with my keyless entry touchpad not functioning correctly. I can no longer illuminate the number 5/6 button. May have to contact dealer to see what can be done.

Since updating to 3.6.2, I also get the voice MFT prompt that my calls have ended as well as the gui. Figured this was just part of the 3.6.2 update. As others have said, the voice prompt only happens in about 90% of the time. It does not bother me but I have wondered why it sometimes does not give the voice prompt.

Since updating to 3.6.2, I also get the voice MFT prompt that my calls have ended as well as the gui. Figured this was just part of the 3.6.2 update. As others have said, the voice prompt only happens in about 90% of the time. It does not bother me but I have wondered why it sometimes does not give the voice prompt.

Hey CTMHOU and TRK1 -

What phone models, OS & wireless provider to you guys have?

Nice to know that I'm not alone with this issue.

Thanks.

I have an iphone 5 (ATT) with the latest update and Sync 3.6.2.
Overall, the newest upgrade on Sync in by far the best update with no problems to speak of.

I have a basic phone, Samsung Convoy 2, on the Verizon network. My Explorer is a late 2012 Limited.

My MFT is updated to 3.6.2 and is the most stable it has ever been. Fast and reliable too. I used to have a lot of glitches with album art not showing up, system lagging and delays, radio coming on by itself and issues with the street location name not showing up on the home screen - those issues have disappeared for me with 3.6.2.

I have figured out the pattern of when it happens and when it doesn't (at least in my car). Turned out to be quite simple:

If the radio or other audio source is on when I make or receive a call, the Sync voice does not say "Call Ended." If the radio and other audio sources are off when I make or receive a call, the Sync voice does say "Call Ended." In both cases, the GUI "Call Ended" prompt is displayed (which is certainly correct).

Based on the likelihood that most people (I'm guessing) use some type of audio source, and that in our small sampling of phone models and wireless carrier from this thread that there is no commonality there, I wonder if this "behavior" is more common.

Hi Rebecca -

I captured the behavior on video, and sent the link to the email address that you PM'd me. Thanks in advance.

Thanks! I sent you a PM this morning before seeing this. I'm waiting to hear back from my support and will update the thread once I hear anything.

My MFT is updated to 3.6.2 and is the most stable it has ever been. Fast and reliable too. I used to have a lot of glitches with album art not showing up, system lagging and delays, radio coming on by itself and issues with the street location name not showing up on the home screen - those issues have disappeared for me with 3.6.2.

YAY! :thumbsup:

I do now seem to have a problem with my keyless entry touchpad not functioning correctly. I can no longer illuminate the number 5/6 button. May have to contact dealer to see what can be done.

I agree, you should make an appointment with your dealer, ctmhou. :)

Rebecca

Thanks! I sent you a PM this morning before seeing this. I'm waiting to hear back from my support and will update the thread once I hear anything.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca -

I'm sorry, but I haven't received the PM.

Well, I replaced my iPhone 4S with an iPhone 5S (iOS 7.0.4) today, and same issue (under the same circumstances as previously described).

Hey everyone,

I just heard back from my support and this is expected behavior. There isn't a way to turn it off, so I submitted that as a suggestion/feedback for future updates. :)

Rebecca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What??

Hey everyone,

I just heard back from my support and this is expected behavior. There isn't a way to turn it off, so I submitted that as a suggestion/feedback for future updates. :)

Rebecca

Can you elaborate more? What's expected? That 90% of the time the software does something and 10% of the time it does something else? Or that for the OP's phone it's doing what you expect and for Sarge's phone it's doing something different but that's OK because you expected that behavior too.

You guys are getting close but still have bugs. I'll admit trying to get code to work for so many different phones and bluetooth versions is going to be difficult.

Back