Lund tune vs Livernois tune | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lund tune vs Livernois tune

Twinturbosport

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 ford explorer sport
Hey guys just picked up a 14 explorer sport and love it so far . Looking to pick up a tune but not sure which to get .I did some searching around this forum but I can't find a real comparison on which is the better tune for our ecoboosts and since livernois came out with their new xv1 tune it looks like that's the tune for best performance numbers , and Lund has their ss tune which is their highest output one available . Which is the best for performance , quarter mile, 0-60 etc.. Any input would be appreciated especially regarding livernois xv1 tune . Thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any input would be appreciated especially regarding livernois xv1 tune . Thanks guys

Unless I missed it, I am not aware of anyone that has the XV1 tune for their Explorer. It's been released, in theory anyway, but I've been waiting forever.

Nevertheless, as you have probably found, owners of Lund or Livernois tunes are pleased with them. I personally have Livernois and happy. I bought everything that was available at the time, CAI, tune, thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, but waiting for Exhaust, Down-pipes, and XV1 tune. It would be unfair to say one is better than the other, as I have always had Livernois. I will say, anytime I call, I always get a answer. Anthony is prompt to answer questions and emails.

Unless I missed it, I am not aware of anyone that has the XV1 tune for their Explorer. It's been released, in theory anyway, but I've been waiting forever.

Nevertheless, as you have probably found, owners of Lund or Livernois tunes are pleased with them. I personally have Livernois and happy. I bought everything that was available at the time, CAI, tune, thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, but waiting for Exhaust, Down-pipes, and XV1 tune. It would be unfair to say one is better than the other, as I have always had Livernois. I will say, anytime I call, I always get a answer. Anthony is prompt to answer questions and emails.

Have you done any dyno time either before or after or maybe both? I recieved the 3 bar/170 degree/ CAI/programmer from Livernois but my business is super busy right now and have only had time to install the CAI so far which did help in the upper RPM ranges substantially:thumbsup:

Wait for the release of a SCT based tuning device;)

Regarding the xv1 tune I emailed livernois about any dynos, 1/4 mile numbers.. There responce was they will have more info shortly.

I wonder if they ran into trouble with the xv1 tune ?

Regarding the xv1 tune I emailed livernois about any dynos, 1/4 mile numbers.. There responce was they will have more info shortly.

I wonder if they ran into trouble with the xv1 tune ?

yeah, a simple update would go a long way.

Back