Can't find LED Tail Lights for 2010 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can't find LED Tail Lights for 2010 XLT

I have a 2010 Explorer XLT. I have searched every after market performance lighting site on the web, I've had my Ford dealer look and I've gone to many local performance mod companies and have been very unsuccessful. Has anyone out there found a manufacture of LED tail lights for the 06-10 generation?

I have a 2010 Explorer XLT. I have searched every after market performance lighting site on the web, I've had my Ford dealer look and I've gone to many local performance mod companies and have been very unsuccessful. Has anyone out there found a manufacture of LED tail lights for the 06-10 generation?

haven't seen anything yet as far as whole units with housings, etc. Only thing I've seen people do is replace the existing incandescent bulbs with LED cluster lights. If you want to go that route, look in your owners manual for the bulb type you want to replace and go to superbrightleds.com. They'll have what you need.

The 2002-2005 tailights will fit a 2006-2010, with a little bit of modification. I did it on my '07.

how? What kind of modifications?

I'm not sure I can explain and I didn't take any pictures... Basically, the 2 ball-headed screws that snap into plastic receiving thingies (technical term?) need to be relocated as they are not in the place as a '02-'05. It's not that big of a deal, but the hole were you relocate the screw is bigger than the threads of the screw. So I filled the holes up with hot glue and set the screw in there. So far it has been holding up.

Back