• Register Today It's free!

into accident

clean98x

Reaction score
City, State
Glendale AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 explorer
Anyone ever total another car and barely hurt they're explorer ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My friend hit obe in his wrangler that has steel bumpers and he said the explorer just had a dent in it and it twisted the whole motor in his jeep

Not Explorer related, but my mother-n-law took out the side of a Porsche with her H2. The Carrera suffered extensive damage, one stroke of black touch up fixed the scratch on the H2's front end.

got rear ended on a free way in the explorer.. put about a nickle sized dent that you cant tell is there unless you run your hand across it.. and the (woman driver of course) grand am lost her plastic bumper and smashed a headlight and lost a bunch of brackets and started pissing coolant lol

When we still had the 95 sport my wife totaled a 07 rav 4 , the guy ( illegal immigrant with no insurence) was driving through a dark parking lot at night with no lights on and turned into the path of my wife, it scratched the bumper and cracked the pass side headlight, the yota on the other hand lost its nose , one of my buddies got the tow call so i went to his yard the next day, aside from all the front body being damaged it also broke the front wheels off! What a P O S,

I lost control a couple years ago on black ice and I ran off the road went over two boulders and broke two trees in half. One landed on the Explorer, I was lifted with skid plates underneath and a push bar up front and all I really had was a dent on the hood and a pushed in bumper. When it was all over I backed out and headed home.

I lost control a couple years ago on black ice and I ran off the road went over two boulders and broke two trees in half. One landed on the Explorer, I was lifted with skid plates underneath and a push bar up front and all I really had was a dent on the hood and a pushed in bumper. When it was all over I backed out and headed home.

Damn is all i can say

When we still had the 95 sport my wife totaled a 07 rav 4 , the guy ( illegal immigrant with no insurence) was driving through a dark parking lot at night with no lights on and turned into the path of my wife, it scratched the bumper and cracked the pass side headlight, the yota on the other hand lost its nose , one of my buddies got the tow call so i went to his yard the next day, aside from all the front body being damaged it also broke the front wheels off! What a P O S,
This is offensive. While I have a Ford Explorer, I also work on, buy, sell, and KNOW Toyotas and Lexus's. Saying it's a POS isn't correct. I work my head off on the Explorer and I also have a Lexus SC400 and guess what I work on all day? Explorer. Even after the trans is rebuillt its slipping and not shifting when selected, and then the radiator belches out coolant. What a surprise. Meanwhile, the Sequoia with 230k is running PERFECTLY no issues with trans/engine anything EVER. Toyota is the model Ford wants to be.

Not to offend anyone, it's just based on my opinion and based on fact.
:salute:

This is offensive. While I have a Ford Explorer, I also work on, buy, sell, and KNOW Toyotas and Lexus's. Saying it's a POS isn't correct. I work my head off on the Explorer and I also have a Lexus SC400 and guess what I work on all day? Explorer. Even after the trans is rebuillt its slipping and not shifting when selected, and then the radiator belches out coolant. What a surprise. Meanwhile, the Sequoia with 230k is running PERFECTLY no issues with trans/engine anything EVER. Toyota is the model Ford wants to be.

Not to offend anyone, it's just based on my opinion and based on fact.
:salute:

And in my opinion/experience toyotas are crap. I'd never own one

I see a pile of frames at the Toyota dealerships because the rest of the truck is worth replacing a rusty frame. Not so at the Ford dealership.

Bill

If your ford trans or any trans is rebuilt and still has issues it wasn't properly rebuilt and or installed. any high mileage luxo car will bite the owner given enough miles the parts are more expensive than the car is worth, check out the audio system on a lexus for one or the gauges . This is true of any car really but the high end cars have more parts and the threshold is crossed sooner. there is an abundance of explorer parts that are therefore cheap by comparison. Not to say that toyota is a bad car I've had very good luck with them but given the choice i would pick a high mileage explorer over a mega mileage lexus because of the potential cost to keep it on the road .

Lol the yota RAV4 is a POS because this was a 5mph hit in a parking lot and it literally destroyed it, granted the idiot basically drove into and ended up under our old sport , my wife had to put it in reverse and back up off his tire and fender. And by the way that old 95 sport had about 250,000 miles on it when we sold it to family friends and is still on the road and I still do the maintenance on it for them,

I have a LIFTED 1978 F150 that has been hit a few times. The bumpers are about 36" high.

The hits have resulted in a totaled Camaro, Camray, and a Cavalier.

Once I was waiting at a red light and felt a slight bump. I looked in my rear mirror and saw nothing. Once the light turned green, and I moved forward a little, I looked again and saw a completely totaled Toyota Camray behind me. The hood was pushed up and over the windshield. Steam was shooting out of the busted radiator.

She (other driver) was apparently distracted by her screaming children in her back seat.

I could not find anything damaged on my truck. Witnesses were amazed.

Lol the yota RAV4 is a POS because this was a 5mph hit in a parking lot and it literally destroyed it, granted the idiot basically drove into and ended up under our old sport , my wife had to put it in reverse and back up off his tire and fender. And by the way that old 95 sport had about 250,000 miles on it when we sold it to family friends and is still on the road and I still do the maintenance on it for them,
Ok, I'll be honest with ya. Explorers, the Diesels, and the E-350's are the only good Fords made. All others are crap. I'll give it to ford, 200k on a trans that never was serviced till now...awesome! From my experience, they are not that good. Toyota, on the other hand, make their bumpers plastic in 2007...as I'm sure the Explorers had plastic bumpers too.

Japanese vehicles (besides mitsubushi) are all very reliable.

As of 2013...top 3 "owners buy back" car makes. ONE: is Lexus. TWO is Subaru. THIRD is Toyota. There's a reason for that. Ford is at the bottom half.

Like I said before, Explorers are pretty awesome...my only favourite Ford.

:D

I have a LIFTED 1978 F150 that has been hit a few times. The bumpers are about 36" high.

The hits have resulted in a totaled Camaro, Camray, and a Cavalier.

Once I was waiting at a red light and felt a slight bump. I looked in my rear mirror and saw nothing. Once the light turned green, and I moved forward a little, I looked again and saw a completely totaled Toyota Camray behind me. The hood was pushed up and over the windshield. Steam was shooting out of the busted radiator.

She (other driver) was apparently distracted by her screaming children in her back seat.

I could not find anything damaged on my truck. Witnesses were amazed.
Full on Steel vs Aluminum...lol!

I was stopped behind an early 2000s silverado and another silverado rear ended me at 35 mph. Both the silverados were totalled, my explorers bumper was just slightly ascew on the back. The auto shop pulled the bumper straight for 100 dollars and all was well. Built ford tough :) hurt my gf's neck though because she was looking at me when we were hit.

That was in my old second gen

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I watched as a friends stopped Explorer was rear ended by a car going about 45. The Explorer, which was on 33s, had a custom rear bumper with a trailer hitch.

The only damage to the Explorer was one bent leaf spring.

The car didn't fare so well. It had a 3" wide gash up the center of the hood that went about half way up the hood. Busted headlights, smashed bumper, etc...

Back