Do rough country lifts still crack the axle? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Do rough country lifts still crack the axle?

mechjames

Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer XLT
I'm thinking of putting a lift in my new 94.
I've heard that the original rough country lifts crack the axle if it gets hit hard, and the bump stops aren't properly aligned.

I looked into them a few years ago when I had my old truck and they had a few different options. Now it looks like they have just the one option, and on some other websites, they say that the drop bracket was redesigned and the edge was changed that normally cracked the axle case. Is this true?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump? any good or bad things anymore about superlift and tuff country as well?

Still think they do..you get what you pay for....

you can use a grinder to remove the material where it hits-- if it does. My older style lift was modified this way-- but i have moved on to skyjacker lift with duff radius arms--- much better

Rough country and tuff contry are both aweful lifts they are actually exactly the same people say tuff is a little better but both crack the diff. Superlift is what I have (older style with soa included) and it's great I think the newer style is great also but only can order with new leaves or blocks they no longer offer the soa bracket.

Rough country and tuff contry are both aweful lifts they are actually exactly the same people say tuff is a little better but both crack the diff. Superlift is what I have (older style with soa included) and it's great I think the newer style is great also but only can order with new leaves or blocks they no longer offer the soa bracket.

This is wrong information.

Tuff Country does infact provide a full new replacement bracket in their kits, whereas Rough Country does not (both TC and RC are budget-orientated lifts however).

Superlift began including a replacement bracket in their kits around 2003 or so. Before that they too had the diff-cracker extension plate.

Back