• Register Today It's free!

cold morning start.

twiford

Reaction score
City, State
lamar south carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport
Hi guy's i have a 01 explorer sport and just a couple day's ago i went to start it and as soin as it starts it cuts off start it again same thing takes about four try's then it run's fine no more problems untill the engine is cold again and when i got on the interstate i nailed it and the check engine light started to flash at about 75mph any idea's thank's.

At the beginning of your question about the cold start, I would say check your battery voltage and connecting cables for corrosion. (Even inside the insulation)...but with the flashing check engine light, you need to get a code reader, hopefully the code thrown will help you pinpoint the problem. You can get ODB2 readers on Amazon for like $20, and stores like Autozone will generally let you use a code reader for free.

check your fuel pressure. it could be your fuel pump is on the way out. f/p should be around 65 psi.

Ok it's been a few day's and it's been starting great no problems at all it even got down to 32 degree's the other night.

Back