Age of 5th Gen Explorer owners? - Poll | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Age of 5th Gen Explorer owners? - Poll

How old are 5th Gen Explorer owners / drivers?

• 16 - 20

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • 41 - 50

Votes: 37 24.7%
  • 51 - 60

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • 61+

Votes: 26 17.3%

• Total voters

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL '20 ST
Callsign
AB7FH
I'm curious as to which age group is most likely to own / drive the 2011+ Explorers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im going to guess 31-40 or 41-50 will be the winner.

Around the time in your life you need 3 rows.

I have an 5th gen and love it. I have it more for the space it's just my wife and i but why pay the same for a smaller car when i can get space, tech, and better ride for the same price...just my thought.

Mark one up for the 'old fart'. :thumbsup: First of the 61+ (67) group.:D

Peter

With 21 votes, the 41-50 range has it so far. Not surprising at all.

I'm waiting for the expected styling revision to be unveiled. After that a new Sport may be in my future. I really like the performance potential of the Sport.

Looks like they need to start selling AARP memberships with a new car purchase LOL

Old fart #2 checking in @ 72 ...

... Merry Christmas guys !

lol I knew from the many posts afraid to mod, paranoid about warranty being voided for plasti-dipping, over zealous caution about driving with 1 hand on the shifter and not 2 hands on the wheel, and the ponderous questions on why would anyone need more than 365 hp that the sport comes with stock, or fear that HIDs do magical things to the explorer since Ford designed it so they must know best type of posts, that it was mostly old foggies on here LOL!

28 here, wife is 27, and the explorer sport is her DD.

Hey, at least we're NOT driving mini vans, (and I'll bet some of us have other "toys" in the garage !!!)

8^O (!)

lol I knew from the many posts afraid to mod, paranoid about warranty being voided for plasti-dipping, over zealous caution about driving with 1 hand on the shifter and not 2 hands on the wheel, and the ponderous questions on why would anyone need more than 365 hp that the sport comes with stock, or fear that HIDs do magical things to the explorer since Ford designed it so they must know best type of posts, that it was mostly old foggies on here LOL!

28 here, wife is 27, and the explorer sport is her DD.
Yes, you may be right. Most of us "old foggies", but not all, have gone through that 'phase' and are now spending a little more wisely on things that are really important. I must admit that I do get carried away from time to time, actually most of the time, and find myself driving with one hand on the wheel and one on the shifter. Probably a carryover from my reckless youth days. :biggthump
My days of dressing up/upgrading headlights, changing engines and exhaust systems and adding other mods are far behind me now. There were some good times back then. :):thumbsup:

Peter

I went from a 2008 Scion Tc to a 2012 Ford Explorer. I bought the Explorer when I was 25.

I am 57 and picking up my Sport this week. It will be my 4th Explorer, and I was 37 when I bought my first one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

61 here, love my Sport

Brian

Back