Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Livernois Motorsports 2013 Explorer Sport

I can confirm that the update fixes the cold weather hesitation issue. It doesn't feel watered down compared to the old tune, but maybe it would once temps warm up (in which case we can switch back to the old tune).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Put the corrected 87 tune in and it ran just fine. No stutter or fuel rail pressure drop.
Ready to try out the corrected 93 tune now. Happy to see the bugs getting worked out!!!

Glad to hear. We will let you know when your 93 tune has been sent for an update. Thank you again for support!

I sent you an return email. I am running 93 octane. I will let you know either way on how the tune performs.
Thank you for the update.:thumbsup:

Email received.

I can confirm that the update fixes the cold weather hesitation issue. It doesn't feel watered down compared to the old tune, but maybe it would once temps warm up (in which case we can switch back to the old tune).

Thank you for the confirmation and the positive feedback.

Livernois.....I sent you a PM also requesting the updated tune for the stutter. Anxiously waiting for a revision.

If anybody is having an issue with your tune files in the cold weather please contact us by email or PM to request a tune update. We have an updated tune file to solve this problem. -Anthony

Is the AIW MyCalibr8or device compatible with the 2014 Explorer Sport?

If so, what kind of performance increase would there be over the bone stock 365hp / 350 torque (using the 91 performance tune)?

Seems the extra MPG you'd get from the tune would be negated by the extra $ you spend at the pump getting 91 vs 87. So all that's left is better acceleration... but how much better is the question.

If so, what kind of performance increase would there be over the bone stock 365hp / 350 torque (using the 91 performance tune)?

Seems the extra MPG you'd get from the tune would be negated by the extra $ you spend at the pump getting 91 vs 87. So all that's left is better acceleration... but how much better is the question.

The numbers you quoted for HP and torque are Ford's rating with 93 octane. The figure would be slightly less with 91 octane.

Nonetheless, there is a big difference under the peak curve for HP and Torque with the 91 LMS tune as well as more peak power.

Yes, the tuner is compatible with 2014 Explorer Sports. If you want more power, better driverability, shifting etc then purchase a tuner. The best money spent.

JUST DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH FOR XV1 TUNE!!!!

A member on another board did a stock vs 93 hiboost tune comparison a day or two ago.
He got i believe 25-30 under the curve hp and about 60 torque.

I see LakersCentral is also from California. I too have been interested in the Livernois Tune, but somewhere read that it will NOT be offered on California vehicles.
Any one know if there is any truth to this? Livernois, did I read this in your sales material?

what is the status with updated XV1 tune?

We are getting very close to having the tune released for all strategy codes. We would just like to ensure that everything is 100% and makes the most power possible while still maintaining the reliability that we are known for.

We typically see about 40-60 AWHP depending on the tune and list of modifications.

Owners in California, if you purchased the vehicle new, you are not required to smog test for several years. And even then the car should pass with the LMS tune. Providing there are no ODB-II CEL's registered. And if it's really a concern, flash the factory ROM back, drive around for a few days and then get smog tested.

Just buy the tuner and enjoy how it should have come from Ford. If you are local to Orange County you can check out my Explorer.

Is there any reason to wait for a tune to be done specifically for a 2014 Sport? The only difference stated in the stock description is an added 15 HP.

Also, what would be definite upgrade recommendations to get along with the MyCalibr8or tuning device?
  • Thermostat? no big deal at $63 if it makes a difference.
  • CAI? i've read that without a tune, its basically pointless... but with?
  • 3rd cat delete? illegal in all 50 states... is the risk worth it?
  • ... anything else?
I know that an upgraded exhaust will give better performance, but I ain't droppin $1500+. This is a daily driver... I'm only lookin to beat a couple more folk off the line than I could've stock :D

I'd report on the corrected 93 octane tune but i have not loaded it and driven around yet. Reason is it has been high 70's all week long so it would not be a good cold weather test.

Is there any reason to wait for a tune to be done specifically for a 2014 Sport? The only difference stated in the stock description is an added 15 HP.

Also, what would be definite upgrade recommendations to get along with the MyCalibr8or tuning device?
  • Thermostat? no big deal at $63 if it makes a difference.
  • CAI? i've read that without a tune, its basically pointless... but with?
  • 3rd cat delete? illegal in all 50 states... is the risk worth it?
  • ... anything else?
I know that an upgraded exhaust will give better performance, but I ain't droppin $1500+. This is a daily driver... I'm only lookin to beat a couple more folk off the line than I could've stock :D

We have had a tune specific to the 2014 model since they were released, so there would be no need to wait. Also we do suggest the Airaid cold air intake , 170 thermostat, cat back exhaust and down pipes when released. Not sure who has validated this claim about the intake but we have seen improvements on our shop vehicle on the Dyno and at the the track.

We have had a tune specific to the 2014 model since they were released, so there would be no need to wait. Also we do suggest the Airaid cold air intake , 170 thermostat, cat back exhaust and down pipes when released. Not sure who has validated this claim about the intake but we have seen improvements on our shop vehicle on the Dyno and at the the track.

Any chance you can post some dyno graphs showing the step by step upgrades on the vehicle?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I see LakersCentral is also from California. I too have been interested in the Livernois Tune, but somewhere read that it will NOT be offered on California vehicles.
Any one know if there is any truth to this? Livernois, did I read this in your sales material?

Any chance you can post some dyno graphs showing the step by step upgrades on the vehicle?

We will be posting some updated Dyno pulls once we recieve the final validation exhaust components. At this time we have the stock pull vs. the 93 perfomance tune.

HPdiff.jpg

TQdiff.jpg

TQdiff2.jpg

Back