• Register Today It's free!

Proud owner of a 2011 Limited!

MACP34

Reaction score
City, State
Windsor Locks, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 301A
Took delivery of my CPO Ingot Silver 2011 Limited the other night after much research on this forum. Feels great to be back in an Ex after a 6 year hiatus! The technology and comfort blow me away, and the 4wd system got a workout yesterday with the snow in upper MA. I just got registered with the SyncMyRide site and i have an update to do on the Sync system. That should address a few gremlins i found on the long ride yesterday. Overall, im completely impressed! Thanks for all the info that's been posted on this forum and im looking forward to contributing to this site again!

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Took delivery of my CPO Ingot Silver 2011 Limited the other night after much research on this forum. Feels great to be back in an Ex after a 6 year hiatus! The technology and comfort blow me away, and the 4wd system got a workout yesterday with the snow in upper MA. I just got registered with the SyncMyRide site and i have an update to do on the Sync system. That should address a few gremlins i found on the long ride yesterday. Overall, im completely impressed! Thanks for all the info that's been posted on this forum and im looking forward to contributing to this site again!

Mike
Welcome back to the Forum MACP34.:wavey:
I hope that you enjoy your 2011 as much as I have mine. It has been an excellent vehicle for me. The navigation card should be an A4.
Happy motoring.:thumbsup:

Peter

Good Luck, and if it's not too late, you better get an extended warrantee.....Plum

Good Luck, and if it's not too late, you better get an extended warrantee.....Plum

MACP34....ignore this guy....He never has any productive input to share in the forum....just snide comments like the one above....all very tiresome and not worth the read.....

Enjoy your ride!

Absolutely enjoying it! Took it on my first long drive and i love all the features and comfort it provides. I was impressed how well it did in the snow with the 20 inch all seasons too. Sync update gets applied tomorrow and its first car-wash since it got dirty with all the road salt! Cant have that! Thanks for the welcome back guys!

Macp34. Welcome back i have a 2011 also love it had a little issue but ford and my service dealership were great all fine took it up to lake george for a week got 12 inches of snow explorer performed awesome with the 20" wheel's ran throw snow piles and she made like a charm. I just got my vin for my 2014 302pkg tuxedo blk with charcoal and peacan interior and just saw my window sticker should have new one mid january... Also like hugh cares said dont listen to plumbago he has nothing good to say about the explorer or he might be referring about his ex wife...lol lol...! Enjoy

Mike

Congrats, Mike! If you need help with the SYNC update or have any SYNC-related questions, let me know. :)

Rebecca

Congrats on your new ride. Yours sounds just like mine. I have 30K miles on mine, never any issues. Take the time to learn the MFT/Sync stuff and you won't become frustrated.
Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

Congrats, Mike! If you need help with the SYNC update or have any SYNC-related questions, let me know. :)

Rebecca

Thanks so much Rebecca! I performed my Sync update yesterday and it worked flawlessly. I'm still learning about all the cool stuff my Explorer has, but wow am i loving it!

I wish ford would allow 18 inch wheels as an option on the limited. The limited has some nice features, but low profile tires do not make a lot of sense on most vehicles.

I wish ford would allow 18 inch wheels as an option on the limited. The limited has some nice features, but low profile tires do not make a lot of sense on most vehicles.
I have posted a few times that I wished the 17" wheels were an option. I run them now for Winter driving and they provide a little better ride. Not a fan of low profiles.

Peter

Thanks so much Rebecca! I performed my Sync update yesterday and it worked flawlessly. I'm still learning about all the cool stuff my Explorer has, but wow am i loving it!

You're very welcome; I'm glad you're loving your Explorer! Don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any SYNC questions, comments, or concerns. Here's a link to get you started:

http://support.ford.com/topics/sync-technology

Rebecca

Back