2012 Explorer sound problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Explorer sound problem

barney525

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 ford explorer xlt
I have a 2012 ford explorer xlt, I have had a proplem with thr driver front speaker, it will go on an off intermittently since i bought the vechile, i have had the speaker and the aprim replaced plus a wire overlay, to no avail, had a Ford engineer say it was the amp. replaced it worked for 5 months, now it stopped working again, now have another cas # with Ford, any suggestions.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have had the same issue with my 94.

Mine has the "premium" JBL sound system (sounds nice!)

But every few months I get noisy or no sound on the left front and/or left rear doors.

Solution:

The connections on the pre-amp from the deck..and all the connections for that matter, get dusty and corroded over time.

The Audio equip on the first gens is in the right rear quarter. prob the same on the new one's

So the first time I took the interior panel off and just cleaned things up reconnected and Viola!

6 mos. later same thing.

This time I repeated the same but used dielectric silicone on all the connections, and made every effort to seal up that whole compartment.

Little caulking here, foam gasket there.

Now three years later all's well.

Now your is only a year old so non of this may apply "yet"

but give it a look for your self and see if there is obvious signs of water, dust and the such getting at the audio equipment.

The dealer will likely swap out the deck next. Which is also a likely cause---just a bad deck---uh (head unit)

...a Ford engineer say it was the amp. replaced it worked for 5 months, now it stopped working again, now have another cas # with Ford, any suggestions.

Hi barney525,

I'll be happy to look into this to see how I can help. Send me a PM with your case number and I'll check out some options.

Crystal

Nice!

I have to say I've never encountered that level of customer service!?!?!

Really? Troll'n for trouble on the forums... That's outstanding!

Thanks Crystal, The new cas # 3687969M8K0H9, Ford would only replace the amp again which was done on 12/19 they wouldn't send Eng. to find root of the problem, why the same channel all the time? Dealer is keeping cas open until 12/30 Any help would be great,Thanks Again

I've actually got the same problem, but with my front passenger speaker. Started noticing it the other day. Wonder if there are any more out there...

...Dealer is keeping cas open until 12/30 Any help would be great,Thanks Again

Hi barney525,

I sent you a PM with information about your case; check out your inbox for my message. :thumbsup:

I've actually got the same problem, but with my front passenger speaker...

Have you had your dealer take a look at this, nocturnal077? Let me know when you have a diagnosis; feel free to shoot me a PM if you need help.

Crystal

I haven't yet. It will have to wait a few more days. I'll let you know if I run into any issues.

I also have intermittent issues with my front right speaker. It's been replaced twice already. Will be going in AGAIN after Christmas...:banghead:

I had intermittent static in my right front door speaker and it was replaced. Now occurring in my right rear door speaker. Dealership has a replacement on order.

I also have intermittent issues with my front right speaker. It's been replaced twice already. Will be going in AGAIN after Christmas...:banghead:

What a headache, JDraper; I want to do what I can to help. Shoot a PM my way so I can investigate some options. Be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, mileage, VIN, and servicing dealer. I'll get to work!

I had intermittent static in my right front door speaker and it was replaced. Now occurring in my right rear door speaker. Dealership has a replacement on order.

Let me know how the replacement goes, lwolf1315. I'm always happy to step in and assist. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Got my 2012 xlt w/MFT back from the dealership with another new amp.(#3) Service Manager says the amplifiers are overheating because of prolonged constant usage causing solder joints to malfunction with the corresponding channels (speakers). These are FoMoCo amps. that are made in China.I think Ford should be looking into this problem and maybe "beefing" up their amps. so they don't overheat. Does anyone have any similar problems ???

Back