For Sale 1994 Explorer XLT

IAmTodd

4x Explorer Veteran
Reaction score
City, State
Johnstown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Jeep
So the time has come for me to part with my dear 1994 Explorer. Quick stats are :

XLT Trim
166,000 miles All work listed below has been done since 158,000 miles

4.0 V6 in great shape. New:
-All intake manifold and up gaskets [throttle body, injector seals, injection rail]
-All new EGR components
-Plugs + wires replaced
-Thermostat, hoses, and radiator
-Replaced fuel pump and level sender, new fuel filter
-Synthetic oil used while under my ownership
-Rear main seal has a small leak

M50D swap
-New clutch/master/slave
-New shifter bushings and top plate caps
-Proper manual ECU installed, uses all factory wiring/sensors
-Fresh Mercon fluid
-New trans mount in hand, just needs installed

Transfer case
-New shift motor
-Fresh fluid

Rear driveline
-New driveshaft U joints
-Rebuilt factory limited slip with extra clutches
-Fresh fluid
-new rear brake hardware (will need new linings for next inspection)
-Drivers side axle seal has a small leak

Front driveline
-Converted to manual locking hubs
-New bearings/races and brake linings within the last 2000 miles.
-New balljoint (Raybestos Pro Grade)
-New axle shaft U joints
-New diff seals
-Fresh fluid
-New spindle bearings and seals
-New radius arm bushings and crossmember

Lift
-2" spring spacers in front
-Full adjustable camber adjusters
-Rear add a leaf
-Warrior extended shackles

Tires
-Brand new Cooper Discover M+S 265/75R15 on OEM saw blade wheels

Interior
-Dual heated/powered Limited seats
-Factory sunroof (works, no leaks)
-Carpets are in good shape
-All heat functions work, AC system has been removed
-JBL Sub box, sub, and amp
-Keyless entry
-Overhead console, auto dimming mirror, and homelink visors installed

Installed accessories
-Diamond cuts headlights and corners
-KC Daylighters
-F-150 Tow hooks
-Thule roof rack
-Taillight guards
-Receiver hitch + trailer wiring

I'm sure there are many things I've missed but this is the bulk of the work done to the truck. It has been a great truck, both on and offroad but I've bought a new SUV and don't have a use for two. A lot of the work has been documented in my registry which is linked in my sig.

The EF price is $3000(well over $4000 in receipts) or best offer. It is located in Johnstown, PA

IRb3Mc7.jpg

vLT982s.jpg

LshoGQn.jpg

DVABXmX.jpg

JT80YrZ.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Love the look of that truck. I'd swap my 4dr in a minute. If you still have it in April I may get back to you with an offer.

Thanks! Hopefully it's sold by then.

Damnit man, I'd be all over this if I didn't just drop $$ on SAS parts!

Nice X! How long have you owned it (you said you've used syn oil since you've owned it) What did you do when you removed the AC, put in a blank pulley? How's the body (I know you have salt on the roads back East).

I've owned it since April 2012. It has the typical amount of rust for n Northeast vehicle. If you're serious I'll get some good pics. The whole build process of getting it up to spec can be seen in the link in my signature.

The compressor has been removed and I'm running a non-AC belt. It still has the AC airbox though. I have most of the original components but they're not in that great of shape.

Damn man, I didn't know you were selling your Explorer. Good luck with the sale man. Gonna get something else to wheel with?

dont tell me your buying another saab!!!!!

Sadly the Saab and I had to part ways.

Damn man, I didn't know you were selling your Explorer. Good luck with the sale man. Gonna get something else to wheel with?

I picked up an '11 4Runner a month ago. Once I can scrape up the cash to get sliders and skids I'm going to wheel it.

1512643_10101766573125233_1336290412_n.jpg

+BUMP Will consider offers. Headlights have been sold.

That thing is slot bigger than the Ex man, you sure you wanna wheel it where we go? Lol. They do make everything under the sun for Yota's, I'm fighting the urge to buy stuff for Carol's new Tacoma Baja. I'm over on tacoma world for that, there's a forum section on there for your new Yota too.

This one will be more of a dirt road romper. Thinking about picking up a rooftent and doing some overlanding and adventuring instead of just doing trails.

I have a Yakima LoadWarrior with two extensions and two load bars for sale. Have it on CL now but haven't listed it anywhere else. Thought about keeping it for mine but need the space and money.

Still very interested, but I am temporarily out of the country so can't do anything :( I even have the cash...

I have a Yakima LoadWarrior with two extensions and two load bars for sale. Have it on CL now but haven't listed it anywhere else. Thought about keeping it for mine but need the space and money.

I'm looking for a flat baja rack. I don't have the clearance for a large roof basket like that.

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted. Lol

Still very interested, but I am temporarily out of the country so can't do anything :( I even have the cash...

Get back in the country and get this thing then! 7F out this morning and started up just as good as new! Heated seats were oh so gewd too. :thumbsup:

Bump for one of the nicest 1st Gen's you're gonna find in the region.

Get back in the country and get this thing then! 7F out this morning and started up just as good as new! Heated seats were oh so gewd too. :thumbsup:

April :salute:

do you still have this truck if so could you send more pix to theslave@gmail.com. And as it is a 6+ hour drive would you want to meet for the sale?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sold!

Back