Explorer hood vibrates | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer hood vibrates

Thanks Peter. Im taking it in this week i hope. Will advise if its the cowl or some other issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Peter. Im taking it in this week i hope. Will advise if its the cowl or some other issue.

Hi davicon,

I responded to one of your postings on another thread, but I wanted to make sure you know I'm here to do what I can to assist. If you're currently in Florida, I can check out some options to assist. If you're back in Canada, I can get you in touch with Ford Canada. Let me know how things go at the dealership; I'll be here if you need assistance.

Crystal

Hi davicon,

I responded to one of your postings on another thread, but I wanted to make sure you know I'm here to do what I can to assist. If you're currently in Florida, I can check out some options to assist. If you're back in Canada, I can get you in touch with Ford Canada. Let me know how things go at the dealership; I'll be here if you need assistance.

Crystal
Are you saying davicon didn't file a 'trip itinerary' with you before starting out? :D:D

Peter

Thanks Crystal....sorry for not filling out itinerary..lol
I have appointment at my dealership tomorrow morning. Hope they can fix the MFT issue and diagnose the humming noise. I'm not sure how common an issue this humming/vibration noise is so i hope they know what it is. If for some reason the dealership has issues correcting the problems, i will let you know Crystal. Thanks again.

I thought all Canadians new they should go to Florida in the Winter, not the Summer.

My wife is a teacher so with summers off..why not go down again. I think i should be in florida once per season..lol...attended Ford and the manager seemed to know what the issue was when i explained it...when i went back they told me they have ordered a part and will let me know when its in to be installed...hope it fixes issue. Will let you know what its is and if it works.

I think that some of your problem is talked about in my post re a howling noise. There is a definate problem with noise eminating from the front end of some of these vehicles.

If your hood vibrates @65mph+ or in a crosswind the adhesive under the hood has given out. I was told by the dealer that the hood vibration might be the cause of the plastic windshield strip becoming warped.

If you take your explorer in for an inspection, have the dealer remove the insulation under the hood. Explorers are not the only Ford product that uses this defective adhesive.

Weird humming noise on 2013 XLT

In April I bought a new 2013 XLT. At about 2000 miles it started making an interesting humming noise a various speeds. At first I thought the hood was not latched. The sound can clearly be heard in the video I uploaded to YouTube.

http://youtu.be/a4rs7Zglz1M

Any thoughts on what to tell my dealership so they can reproduce it and then fix it?

In April I bought a new 2013 XLT. At about 2000 miles it started making an interesting humming noise a various speeds. At first I thought the hood was not latched. The sound can clearly be heard in the video I uploaded to YouTube.

Any thoughts on what to tell my dealership so they can reproduce it and then fix it?
Welcome to the Forum Gcochran.:wavey:
I have moved your post to this thread. The noise may be from the cowl that runs along the bottom of the windshield. Others have had the same issue. It could also be the 'A' pillar noise that many earlier models suffered from. You can try taping down the cowl to see if the noise goes away. In any case, I would recommend taking the vehicle to the dealer and perhaps the video will help them.
Good luck.

Peter

Can anyone who experienced a similar noise tell if it is the cowl or 'A' pillar. It seems most recent issues have been with the cowl.
Thanks.

Peter

Can anyone who experienced a similar noise tell if it is the cowl or 'A' pillar. It seems most recent issues have been with the cowl.
Thanks.

Peter

Thanks for the help, Peter. Also, for kindly moving my post to the proper location. After reading through the longer set of posts I'm pretty confident I know what the issue is now. I'll speak with the dealer later this week and once fixed report back on what the actual diagnosis turned out to be in my case.

Again, appreciate the help.

Does your hood also vibrate at 65mph or over?

Thanks for the help, Peter. Also, for kindly moving my post to the proper location. After reading through the longer set of posts I'm pretty confident I know what the issue is now. I'll speak with the dealer later this week and once fixed report back on what the actual diagnosis turned out to be in my case.

Again, appreciate the help.

Hi Gcochran,

Let me know how your service appointment goes. I'll be here if you need any assistance from me. :)

Crystal

Crystal, do you know if there is a TSB for this?

I am in Canada. I took my 2012 to our local Ford Dealer, who sent me to their body shop. They fixed my rear hatch alignment issue, but the mgr said there was no TSB that he was aware of.

My hood gets a slight flutter in the centre around 120 km/h (75 mph) and I want to make sure it does not get worse.

I am in Canada. I took my 2012 to our local Ford Dealer, who sent me to their body shop. They fixed my rear hatch alignment issue, but the mgr said there was no TSB that he was aware of.

My hood gets a slight flutter in the centre around 120 km/h (75 mph) and I want to make sure it does not get worse.

Hi NGTD,

The service manager at your local dealership is in the best position to answer any question concerning TSBs.

Has the hood flutter disappeared since visiting your dealership? Fill me in on the situation, and I'll see what I can do.

Bianca

As far as I know, there is no TSB for this 'hood vibration'. At least not one that is listed in the TSB sticky thread. This seems to be a recent issue.
By the way, we (Canadians) now have our own rep on here. Bianca is with FordServiceCA.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just wondering if this issue has been rectified or not. Im a fairly new owner of a 2013 limited and i have the same "flutter" of the hood sheet metal at highway speeds.
There are a few things i need to get looked at on the vehicle but overall happy so far.

Thanks

Back