Ambient Lighting Problems | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ambient Lighting Problems

My 2013 is at the dealer for a similar problem. The lights don't change colors, they turn on after being tuned off. Don't remember having the problem until after the first update. I'll post if they find something.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had the same issue in my 2012 EX & it started after the last update. It seems to me that the problem has to be software related. Hopefully someone will take their car in & let us know if the problem gets resolved.

I've had the same issue in my 2012 EX & it started after the last update. It seems to me that the problem has to be software related. Hopefully someone will take their car in & let us know if the problem gets resolved.
Another puzzler for sure. If indeed it is software related, I wonder why everyone that updated to 3.6.2 isn't having the problem.:scratch:

Peter

I think my 14' Sport has changed on it's own maybe twice since I have had it.

Aside from those 2 times, The light blue "Ford Colour" seems to be part of the startup/shutdown procedure and is not changeable. Where in, if remote started it will always be light blue until you press the brake and hit the start button. Same seems to be true for the exit cycle, as soon as you hit the "Start/Stop" button the lighting will revert to the "Ford Colour" same as the MFT screen will transition to the Ford Logo, etc.

My 2013 Limited has the same issue. I can't reproduce the conditions that cause it but it will revert to the light blue, full brightness. Also, I notice that to ups the intensity on the main screen to full brightness as well with the headlights on.

Another puzzler for sure. If indeed it is software related, I wonder why everyone that updated to 3.6.2 isn't having the problem.:scratch:

Peter

Mine has been doing it also since 3.6.2 update. The reason more haven't said much is that they don't really care what color it is. My kids always fight over purple and orange, so that is the reason that I notice it as much.

Mine has been doing it also since 3.6.2 update. The reason more haven't said much is that they don't really care what color it is. My kids always fight over purple and orange, so that is the reason that I notice it as much.
I usually have it on the OEM blue setting anyway. I did change it to a green for a few days to see if it changed but it didn't. How long does it usually take for this 'auto' change to occur?

Peter

I usually have it on the OEM blue setting anyway. I did change it to a green for a few days to see if it changed but it didn't. How long does it usually take for this 'auto' change to occur?

Peter

About 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.

Got mine back from the dealer. Lighting stayed off until the second drive cycle then the light was back on, only this time it was purple instead of blue. They only tested to see if it worked and it did. I don't think they would know what to do even if they saw it happen.

Another in the camp of the lighting reverting back to the factory setting. At first it was occasional, but now pretty much every time. Also, wasn't having the issue before the software update. Annoying, but I don't have the time to go to the dealer for this issue (and need the family car), plus it sounds like the dealer doesn't have a fix for it based on slc's post.

Another in the camp of the lighting reverting back to the factory setting. At first it was occasional, but now pretty much every time. Also, wasn't having the issue before the software update. Annoying, but I don't have the time to go to the dealer for this issue (and need the family car), plus it sounds like the dealer doesn't have a fix for it based on slc's post.

You stand a better chance of them finding something than I did. Mine is sporatic and unpredictable. If yours can be dupicated it might at least get them looking for the cause.

You stand a better chance of them finding something than I did. Mine is sporatic and unpredictable. If yours can be dupicated it might at least get them looking for the cause.
I doubt that this is anything that dealer can find or correct. Sounds to be like it is a 'software' issue of some kind since it seemed to start after the 3.6.2 update.

Peter

I doubt that this is anything that dealer can find or correct. Sounds to be like it is a 'software' issue of some kind since it seemed to start after the 3.6.2 update.

Peter
I agree 100%. If the dealer can't duplicate the problem they can't take it to Ford to find a fix. Like mine, if they check the system and it works as it is intended all they will do is say they are unable to duplicate and send it out the door. Blichy's problem seems to happen frequently and predictably. If dealer can duplicate and verify the problem they will/should contact Ford for a solution. The problem is if they will screw something else up by fixing the lighting issue. Seems like everytime there is a update to fix one problem another problem crops up somewhere else. No more updates for me!

Of course this evening the settings selected remained when the lights came on...:scratch:

Since in my case I always notice the change in the morning after the car has been parked overnight, my uninformed guess is that MFT periodically reboots itself when it senses the RAM has filled and reverts back to the default (ice blue) color.

Lighting turned itself back on again last night. Stayed off five days and for the second time in a row it is now purple instead of blue. The dealer reprogramed the computer when they replaced the hvac module. Can't help but wonder if the color change is due to the reprogram.

Just adding mine to the list of vehicles with this issue...

same issue here but doesn't bother me enough to worry about

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Only time mine has changed in month we've had it is when I have run the delayed reboot or the system has done a reboot(performing system maintenance) itself. This is sometimes done when the vehicle is off, so you may not see it.

Back