Strange rattle?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Strange rattle??

2002v8

Reaction score
City, State
Palmerston north
Year, Model & Trim Level
ok well recently i have had a strange rattle. The serpentine belt is slipping a bit but i am going to get that changed in the weekend and dont beleive that it plays a factor in the rattle, i do not see how this rattle is coming on it only happens between 2 and a half thousand revs and 3 thousand revs during acceleration the best way I can describe it is the sound of a loose bolt or a metal cover rattling but i cannot find anything! it has only been doing this for a couple of weeks and its driving me up the wall. Any information on what this could be would be great thanks

Check the heat shields on the catalytic converters. They have been known to come loose and cause the rattle you mention. Next to the the passenger cat will be a shield for the fuel filter. It's possible it could be loose as well.

Check the heat shields on the catalytic converters. They have been known to come loose and cause the rattle you mention. Next to the the passenger cat will be a shield for the fuel filter. It's possible it could be loose as well.

thank you very much, yes just a loose shield all fixed now

Back