Key Fob | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Key Fob

So if I understand correctly, the Edge/###sion/Escape key with the integrated fob will work on a 2004 Explorer XLT?? I have a remote starter fob and would love to just have the key to start the truck with the buttons to unlock and pop the hatch built right in, along with the remote starter fob.

BUMP.....I have the same thing here any info on this?

Thanks,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't have remote start so i could not help with that part but ive had mine for a long time it feels like and it still works perfectly

is there a source besides ebay for the fusion key becuase i would love to have it, i just dont like to think about all the times you hear of people getting screwed on ebay

I have had over 380 transactions on Ebay, and only once have I been "screwed". I buy everything from there!!

Okay so update on the fob after what looks to be almost a year and a half the plastic key chain holder broke. So I emailed the company to see what they have to say, if nothing I'll be drilling through it to just have the chain run through it.

i wanna get this fusion key. if i buy one can i get it cut anywhere like lowes? and then program it myself ? or do i have to have a dealer cut it? and is this possible to do with any for car key like mustang to the explorer? thanks all in advance.

i wanna get this fusion key. if i buy one can i get it cut anywhere like lowes? and then program it myself ? or do i have to have a dealer cut it? and is this possible to do with any for car key like mustang to the explorer? thanks all in advance.

I got mine cut at Home Depot and programmed it in the parking lot.

Mine was a little different because i got the switch blade so it is twice the size of a normal key. I had to disassemble the key and then I could have anyone cut the blank. Programming is as easy as the steps on post #29

Mine was a little different because i got the switch blade so it is twice the size of a normal key. I had to disassemble the key and then I could have anyone cut the blank. Programming is as easy as the steps on post #29

What does that key look like and where'd you get it?

i went to lowes they said they wouldnt cut it cus its a chip key and they dont wanna be reponsible for cutting it and then me f ing up my ignition...and others have said they same lol guess i cant get one cus noone will cut it up here.

Damn thats stupid. Lukily I could dissassemble mine.

Home Depot cut mine no questions asked.

only home depo around sadly is in albany :( ways away

Yeap, when I did it the people at Do-It-Best seemed the most willing to work with me. He cut one side then said man I'm not able to do the other. Then he said if you could somehow get the plastic off I think we can do it. I went and bought a precision screw driver set took it apart took it apart in my car and walked write back in. Cut the other side then said both cuts were free.

ill give that a shot thanks.

i know this thread is kinda old but, when i bought my x it only came with 1 factory key. what should i do to get another? can i still do this with just the one or do i have to go the the dealership to get the other made then buy a fusion key and do that one myself? i def need a spare key ether way. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To get mine cut I had to completely disassemble the switchblade and hove the little metal piece cut. as the entire blade wouldn't fit in the machine. After going in and out of the Do-it-best the old guys helping me cut it said don't worry this key cut was free since they had no clue what to do when I first walked in and slowly i said, "you know what, it might fit better if I take it apart."

Back