dual valves springs OK with stock cam? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

dual valves springs OK with stock cam?

All other things considered as I listed. $400 delivered for new 98tm stock heads. Or $600delivered for EQ95s with stock valves. Both with the 94 piston. Is it worth the extra $200.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All other things considered as I listed. $400 delivered for new 98tm stock heads. Or $600delivered for EQ95s with stock valves. Both with the 94 piston. Is it worth the extra $200.

Where are you finding EQ95s?? And I think I paid around $150 a head

I might have a lead on 1 pair with stock valves. $600 delivered.

Should I grab them, is it worth it?

Cost delivered to Fl 32789?

Cost delivered to Fl 32789?

Your have to message Gerry over on rps.he has them and is in GA so couldn't be much.but those heads make huge power.they are 98 but have been ported to the max and also come with SI valves and dual springs.everything you need.:salute:

can you send mw his email or ph #, I do not belong to the RPs site,
Thanks

You don't have to be a paid member by the way.its free, same on here.you just can't sell items or get all the benefits paid members do.you can message him tho

I sent him a PM.
Thanks for all the info and advice. I am not in a big rush, but if the reight deal comes along...I will get the 4.10s installed.
The motor has over 200k and over heated a few months ago. Now it wont go over 65, but that will get me to work and the beach. Surf has been lousy all summer anyway and in another month it will cool down enough to ride the MC most of the time.
Then I can focus on a motor.

I sent him a PM.
Thanks for all the info and advice. I am not in a big rush, but if the reight deal comes along...I will get the 4.10s installed.
The motor has over 200k and over heated a few months ago. Now it wont go over 65, but that will get me to work and the beach. Surf has been lousy all summer anyway and in another month it will cool down enough to ride the MC most of the time.
Then I can focus on a motor.

Those heads are a steal..just add up all the cost of the parts and add AT LEAST $300++++ for port work and spring setup...Bird is the man when it comes to port work..

well, the add is still up, so I will see if he responds to my PM.

portflow valves

I was disapointed when i saw that SI wasnt making or showing on thier site the portflows for the OHV 4.0L. So i emailed em asking about some valves for the heads i'am gonna put on my EX. Thinking the worst big money for custom made valves.. Well they replied and said the portflows i needed were in stock. They look just like the picture jd posted. Stainless polished with a under cut stem. I got 6 ea int ex. This was just last week.. @ $12.00 each..

Scott

I was disapointed when i saw that SI wasnt making or showing on thier site the portflows for the OHV 4.0L. So i emailed em asking about some valves for the heads i'am gonna put on my EX. Thinking the worst big money for custom made valves.. Well they replied and said the portflows i needed were in stock. They look just like the picture jd posted. Stainless polished with a under cut stem. I got 6 ea int ex. This was just last week.. @ $12.00 each..

Scott

Guess you got lucky.wonder if you got a set they found or if they made up another batch? Ill have a set up for sale soon

Guess you got lucky.wonder if you got a set they found or if they made up another batch? Ill have a set up for sale soon

Ya know i was thinking the same thing? The phone call was no more then i got some stainless valves that u will like alot, And how many do u want.. Then he asked if i was doing this for just myself or was i doing it for other people as well

Ya know i was thinking the same thing? The phone call was no more then i got some stainless valves that u will like alot, And how many do u want.. Then he asked if i was doing this for just myself or was i doing it for other people as well

That sounds like he was fishing to either get ride of what they had or seeing if there was interest in people wanting more.its a shame if they did stop making them for good tho.

When i first saw the pic that was posted of the si valves compaired to the stockers a blind man could see the amount of flow that is lost. What was ford thinking or lack there of.

Back