Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 94 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Haha that flex is before I had 4x4 too. I haven't flexed it out all the way since I put the front driveshaft in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how much actual lift are you getting out of the BL runner? from the pics it does seem a tad tall and a fear of a flop are warranted. im of the mind that if you can maximize tire size and minimize lift while allowing for proper articulation, you are building a safer vehicle.

how much actual lift are you getting out of the BL runner? from the pics it does seem a tad tall and a fear of a flop are warranted. im of the mind that if you can maximize tire size and minimize lift while allowing for proper articulation, you are building a safer vehicle.

I'm with you on the minimal lift for the tires and articulation. That's kind of why I'm hesitant to take it out though. Overall, it's ~12" over stock, somewhere around 48" to the top of the wheel wells. But I use all of it flexing out and I'm not sure if taking it out would hurt more than help because then I would need to create bump stops.

My idea has been that when I get the solid axles under mine,I will remove the body lift if I can but I will do what is necessary to run 37s. The plan is bump stops and limited up travel so that I can keep the height to a minimum but try to maximize droop. I'm afraid the body lift will still be necessary but I will try to find a way to remove it.

Why not cut down the body lift? Like 1.5"

You can take it off and make it work if you really want to. I am from socal and there are a lot of prerunners around here that run 37-39s and are not high at all. With fenders and removing the a/c and relocating things in the engine bay you should be able to make it work. I have my ac discharged and I am going to remove it very soon to make way for 35s and long travel.

You can take it off and make it work if you really want to. I am from socal and there are a lot of prerunners around here that run 37-39s and are not high at all. With fenders and removing the a/c and relocating things in the engine bay you should be able to make it work. I have my ac discharged and I am going to remove it very soon to make way for 35s and long travel.

I might look into what is takes. I would remove the AC if the defroster didn't use it but that gets used so much in the South I can't afford not to have it.

The defroster works fine without the A/C, I've had my complete A/C compressor, condenser and lines out for a couple years now. I'll be removing and modifying the A/C heater box when I do my V8 swap. I shed just over a hundred pounds off the front end and helped fix the ranger lean some.

I haven't talked about it at all yet but I suppose now is as good a time as any since building a house seems like it's going to push the project so much further out. My current ideas includes fiberglass fenders and rolled tube to protect them. I have other pictures but have been in the process of reorganizing files on the new laptop, so the easiest to find to demonstrate it is this. I believe this is my best chance of 37s without a body lift and without completely cutting the fenders off.

tuberolledaroundfenders_zps74945fd0.jpg

^ That'd be a fun rig ^

Some pictures from yesterday on a "county maintained" road (Gore Rd. for the guys NW Ga, Upstate Sc) in Toccoa, Ga. It's a fun little place and has some hard obstacles with trails around them. I've got a review of the weekend in either of my registries in my signature. And the rest of the picture I have are in this album:
http://s1200.photobucket.com/user/01STrunner/library/Toccoa%20Trip

D9CE060C-438F-4255-9FDE-5C9CF1A84849_zps8dwkwknr.jpg

ABD81B63-C073-41B7-9ED5-842AE85988B2_zpspsua5enk.jpg

CFAB2CFA-9936-44BE-8335-71CAA884D715_zpsso31t3pt.jpg

FFA22DD0-E7B4-4026-81BF-160EC802DA47_zps07vqhnuq.jpg

E42A00C0-2213-414E-8D83-636A90EA14DE_zpseaxkz4t0.jpg

Hugh, that's how I'm going to run the tubes around the fender wheel wells on mine when I do my SAS. It'll help keep me legal by helping to cover the tires as well as protect the fenders. They'll be tied into the bumpers and sliders.

STrunner don't get nervous about it feeling tipsy, you just need to drive and wheel it more to get comfortable with the way it handles now, that's all. Nice pictures.

hello there, i have a question about a lift kit, i know i seen alot of threads about it, but my question is do they make spacers that you can lift you ST with meaning spacers that sits on top of you shocks??

A spacer will not lift your truck because there is no coil spring. You can either crank your T-bars which won't cost you anything and and longer shackles in the rear or do a bodylift which is the next cheapest option aside front an actual suspension lift. Granted that doing any of these will make you want to get bigger tires and that's where it gets expensive.

STRunner,

Did you install clearance lights on your roof? If so how etc they look good from just the pictures above.

Man you guys are killin me. I said it last summer but life intervened, so here is hoping (I knocked on wood this time) that I'll be lifted by May and on 35s by November. I want those 315/75/16 duratracs under me for next winter. :)

2001 Explorer Sport Trac

I have a 2001 Explorer Sport Trac. It is not 4x4 and is sitting on 34" Tires. I am wanting to put a lift kit on it ,but I am wondering how it does offroad/mud before i try to do anything in it. If you could tell me how it does it would be appreciated. Thanks!!

If it's already running 34" tall tires then it has a lift of some kind on it already. A picture would greatly help determine what kind of lift it already has. Our trucks do great on offroad with mild upgrades, a lift and a good set of tires.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The tires make a world of difference but I agree I like the offroad capabilities

Back