• Register Today It's free!

Gas nozzle stuck in filler fix!

mr_valingo

Reaction score
City, State
Madison, wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 sport
If you ever have the fuel filler nozzle get stuck in the filler neck you can get it out easily using a traditional metal frame wiper blade. There are metal strips along the wiper blade that can be removed and slid down the top of the nozzle to release the metal flap

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What fuel filler nozzles are getting stuck?!? I've driven Ford cars with the capless fill system since they came out and have never run into that issue.

The phantom peterk9 will strike to kill......lol

Nozzle Stuck in Fuel Filler

Apparently this is a real issue. As to how common it is I don't know.
One thing I did read while searching on this topic is that there was a notice in one article that the power door locks had to be unlocked for the little capless fuel filler flap to open when the nozzle is inserted. I haven't checked that out but that could be part of the security system to prevent possible fuel theft if indeed that is the way it works.
Here is an interesting clip on this issue.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...=hC0nQO9aB4DhMZSNhauPOg&bvm=bv.59930103,d.b2I

Peter

The particular station this happened at was a mobile. Although the other nozzles at the station didn't have the same end as the one that stuck. Normally the nozzles taper down at the end, this one had a sleeve over the tapered end. This caused the metal flap to catch on the lip

So it sounds like we just need to be careful to look at the nozzle and make sure it doesn't have anything that the flaps can catch on.

Back