• Register Today It's free!

Proof it does snow in NC

TTSaleen

Reaction score
City, State
Apex, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLT
Proof that it does snow in NC on occasion!
Haha.
:)

IMG_2393_zpsef2aa7cd.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Love your Explorer man. It inspires me to lower my next one instead of lifted like mine now..since I don't really do any offroad anyway it only make sense :)

The adrenalin rims are spot on.

Love your Explorer man. It inspires me to lower my next one instead of lifted like mine now..since I don't really do any offroad anyway it only make sense :)

The adrenalin rims are spot on.

Hey thanks. I appreciate it.
My X gets alot of compliments from a wide variety of folks....both young and old.

I guess it stands out in a crowd of common-place SUV's these days. ;)

In order to lower it properly do you just add the lowering springs and get it realigned or what?

In order to lower it properly do you just add the lowering springs and get it realigned or what?

I installed the Belltech lowering springs, new struts (along with front upper arms/bushings) and went ahead and installed new Eibach pro-alignment kits on the front and rear as well.
E5.86180K & E5.86140K.
I then had my local "Firestone" automotive perform a 4 wheel alignment.
My X has over 100K miles, so I decided to install all new and FRESH suspension components to not compromise any handling or alignment issues.

The only complaint I have is the loss of rear suspension travel with the factory strut. It bottoms out slightly if you have passengers and hit a "bump" in the road. I've been looking for an alternative, but so far have not found anything yet.

IMG_0120_zps7cc71023.jpg

Looks like just a heavy fog to me.

Hey it snows here at the Beach on occasion also. Love the Ex!!

Hey it snows here at the Beach on occasion also. Love the Ex!!

Yeah the weather this year has been crazy. It's sunny today but in the 20's.
The current weather report shows northern NC and VA expected to get snow!
After 70 degrees and sunny last weekend, I am really wanting the Spring time weather to arrive! :thumbsup:

Thanks!
Ryan

I've been in snow at the GA FL state line. That snow looks nice and cool right now.

I've been in snow at the GA FL state line. That snow looks nice and cool right now.
as someone from AZ you would know. as someone from SoCal i agree, too hot as of late especially today was bad man it was like 9 and its still 100 here we have the highs and lows as an "extreme" for LA the areas closer to beaches always more conststent than here where im at

as someone from AZ you would know. as someone from SoCal i agree, too hot as of late especially today was bad man it was like 9 and its still 100 here we have the highs and lows as an "extreme" for LA the areas closer to beaches always more conststent than here where im at
Too dang hot bro

It's still 100 here. Heat or snow doesn't bother me. Tornadoes at night do though. I missed the tornado that hit Greensburg, KS by 10 minutes.

I wouldn't mind some cooler weather right now! These 90-100 degree days and high humidity are the worst!
I chuckled at this old thread bump.
I wish I still had that white X. Sadly when I sold it, the girl crashed it a few months later and let insurance total it before I could buy it back. It was only minor front end damage.
Ryan

Back